GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:19:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Up Hammer [Materials, Entities, Complilation] !Problems!  (Read 8307 times)

Beef_Master

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Beef_Master has no influence.
Setting Up Hammer [Materials, Entities, Complilation] !Problems!
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:26:54 pm »

So, I seem to be the only person having this issue and I'm hoping it's just a step I have over looked.  When setting up Hammer editor for GeSource 5.0; I was able to get it loading correctly, however, For some reason I can't get any game specific materials folders or Entities to load with Hammer.  I checked and made sure that I setup the paths correctly in Hammer and I also made sure hammer was looking at the correct .FGD.  IT will even compile what map I've made (it doesn't load because of missing entities, but still compiles).

I do get errors in the 'message'  dialogue that states something along the lines of (Error reading steamdir%........gesource.fgd).

I should mention that this isn't my first rodeo with level creation and modding, but this one has me stumped.  Hopefully you guys have a solution.

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: Setting Up Hammer [Materials, Entities, Complilation] !Problems!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

There is countless threads on how to properly setup hammer. There is not difference setting it up even with v5.0. Please search the forums.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:17:41 pm »

Hmmm, can't say I've encountered this in a long time if at all but we can try to troubleshoot.  I'm sure you've checked out the guides and this isn't an obvious fix.

How are you launching hammer?  For sourcemods the Source SDK inside of the tools section on steam is what's used, but I know for most newer games you actually launch hammer directly.

Another thing we can try is replacing your current FGD file with a fresh one on the offchance it's corrupted or something.  I'd be surprised if this actually did anything but it's worth a shot.  Here's a copy of my $SteamDir\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\goldeneye.FGD.

http://team.gesHL2.com/ES/goldeneye_5_0_FGD.zip
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:20:54 pm by Entropy-Soldier »
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Beef_Master

• Agent
  • Beef_Master has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:01:21 am »

Hmmm, can't say I've encountered this in a long time if at all but we can try to troubleshoot.  I'm sure you've checked out the guides and this isn't an obvious fix.

How are you launching hammer?  For sourcemods the Source SDK inside of the tools section on steam is what's used, but I know for most newer games you actually launch hammer directly.

Another thing we can try is replacing your current FGD file with a fresh one on the offchance it's corrupted or something.  I'd be surprised if this actually did anything but it's worth a shot.  Here's a copy of my $SteamDir\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\goldeneye.FGD.

http://team.gesHL2.com/ES/goldeneye_5_0_FGD.zip

Awesome, that fixed it!  Whats odd is that I had pulled an FGD earlier from a friend, but it didn't help. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up