GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:00:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [W.I.P] NightFire Map Pack  (Read 17938 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: [W.I.P] NightFire Map Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

Heh, good to see my decompiler going to good use. :-)

Just keep in mind, if either EA or MGM decide to give a crap about it, they could sue. They probably won't, though, they never cared at all about the PC version of Nightfire.

I highly doubt they will even know about this, I believe they have more important things to do than sue a Goldeneye Source player that converted maps from a game that was dead since it's release for a different game, Even though EA loves money.

On topic, Here's a small update, A few screenshots from NF_Caviar, The map is obviously not completed yet but you can see a bit how it looks like, I feel like some areas doesn't have the proper light colors, So I might be doing a few tweakings.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 03:54:59 pm »

The blue and orange contrast is awesome.

Can't wait to play this.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:37 am »

NF_Caviar looks very promising

i agree with Emillia cant wait to play this :)

click4dylan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • click4dylan has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:46 am »

you need to reduce the light intensity on caviar. it's wayy too blue. light values on source compiler are at a higher saturation of color at the same values than nightfire's compiler. also you should download crazybump and add bump mapping to the textures like i did for nf_office and nf_power, and nf_romania. ill convert the sky model and terrain for you on caviar

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 03:42:40 am »

As I said, I will change lighting at a few places, That includes the light_env, This was just a rough preview of the map, It is unfinished for now.

I won't keep the original textures though, I will replace them with GE:S ones when 4.2 is out to make the maps look fresh.

SliDer

• Played GoldenEye, Now Playing GoldenEye Source.
  • Agent
  • SliDer has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »

I highly doubt they will even know about this, I believe they have more important things to do than sue a Goldeneye Source player that converted maps from a game that was dead since it's release for a different game, Even though EA loves money.

On topic, Here's a small update, A few screenshots from NF_Caviar, The map is obviously not completed yet but you can see a bit how it looks like, I feel like some areas doesn't have the proper light colors, So I might be doing a few tweakings.

Dude These maps LOOK AWESOME I played nightfire for the gamecube and i was able to defeat the final guy
good game
But these maps make me remember the time i played that game
Never Born, Came From the Depths of Hell and Heaven, And is good at GoldenEye Source.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »

Hmm never played Nighfire, but maps look cool.

If need any testing help or anything, hit us up. We can offer our expertise. And when all ready, maybe some media backing.

Great work.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 12:02:05 am »

Hmm never played Nighfire, but maps look cool.

If need any testing help or anything, hit us up. We can offer our expertise. And when all ready, maybe some media backing.

Great work.

if all goes well with the nightfire maps i can smell a community update press release...well possibily

click4dylan

• Agent
  • click4dylan has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:42 am »

wow, I wish i had this many people offering help and advertisement when i was doing these maps all myself, and when i'm developing things for Nightfire. No one ever offered me any help. And only a handful of players on Nightfire even so much as install the latest patch, much less install new maps. They don't even understand how to change their resolution (facepalm). When I did nf_power and nf_office, i had a public beta available on a server in GE:Source, but hardly anyone joined and they just kicked me off when i tried to spread the word in the other public servers. Guess I should have come here first

namajnaG

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 09:44:42 am »

Community forums are always the way to go man, Don't expect in-game players to care much, As all they want is to play the game. Most servers enforce no advertising too, So that's probably why you got kicked.
I did well to join up your server, Else I would have continued my work on a standalone version of power and never heard about your stuff.

Thanks for the offer Major, I was planning on contacting you when the maps would be ready for play-testing at first, Guess I was looking into the right direction!

Calystos

• Agent
  • Calystos has no influence.
    • Gamers For Gaming
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 11:50:34 am »

They're looking really good. I'll certainly be one to add them to our server when released (or if you need em testing we've got a PTR server too) :)

terps4life90

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 08:53:18 am »

If you need any texture from NightFire 007 I have all of them.

namajnaG

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:13 pm »

I already have them, But I'm replacing 90% of them with GE:S textures due to the fact that NF textures never really exceed 128x128, Which kinda looks ugly. Thanks though.

So sorry for the lack of updates, I've been quite busy lately with work and everything else.
I've been working slowly on it again the past week though.

namajnaG

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

Hello everyone! First of all, Sorry for the lack of updates, I didn't have much free time in the past months and I dedicated most of my free time to pass time with friends.

NF_Power will be ready to release after final testing. Is there anyone that would be willing to host a testing session?

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »

I could upload it to my server for you.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up