GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:31:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S for steam greenlight !  (Read 7083 times)

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
GE:S for steam greenlight !
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »

I wa tempted about posting my favourite hl2mod to steam greenlight, but I better wait to "official" posting or something ...

http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: GE:S for steam greenlight !
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »

Sadly this never will happen, even if this would be the most wanted mod of all times.
As long as there are at least 3-4 Companies that could sue the hell out of anyone who even has the slightest possibly of making money with it. - No matter if direct or indirect.

The only possibility would be giving up the IP and create something similar.
But then again, ppl play this mod because it is a faithfull recreation of Goldeneye.
There would be to much to give up in order to make it save from beeing sued.

What do you say: would you play the game if it wasn't Goldeneye or even Bond related?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

Yeah you're not allowed to post work that isn't yours to Greenlight FYI. I expect they will completely ban users from using greenlight if they do.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 03:50:27 am »

Yeah you're not allowed to post work that isn't yours to Greenlight FYI. I expect they will completely ban users from using greenlight if they do.
yup, thats why I posted this thread instead of doing that

baap2

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • baap2 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

I think it would be great if this game would be supported by Valve through greenlight. Could the developers please consider bringing up the topic with Valve?

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »

I think it would be great if this game would be supported by Valve through greenlight. Could the developers please consider bringing up the topic with Valve?

The devs would love to introduce this mod to Valve, unfortunately with Activision now owning the James Bond video game title. Releasing it would be risky.

baap2

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:27:55 pm »

The devs would love to introduce this mod to Valve, unfortunately with Activision now owning the James Bond video game title. Releasing it would be risky.

Would there be a slight chance for the developers to release this game in collaboration with Activision?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »

no

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:44:46 pm »

Would there be a slight chance for the developers to release this game in collaboration with Activision?

I can't believe you even thought of such an atrocity, Activision would totally screw over the game and years of work this mod has had.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 03:35:32 am »

Oh man, a collab with one of the greediest publishers on the planet. Fortunately, that wouldn't be possible. What I think would happen is that they would hire the devs on, get everything they need then not only fire them but have them sign a waiver saying that they couldn't work on any FPS games at all. Afterwards, they would take all the mechanics and maps and sell it all first as a DLC package for MW3, GoldenEye: Reloaded, AND Legends.

Oh, then they would make it a standalone game next year.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

baap2

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »

I agree that it is a bad idea to let Activision become involved in the development of this game. However, is it not possible for the developers to publish this game and let Activision receive a fraction of the profits? Maybe then Activision would allow the developers to make use of their game rights.

I know we are talking about Activision here, but still..

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »

Publishers don't just take a fraction, they take a lion's share.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up