GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:22:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)  (Read 28867 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 05:56:39 am »

Thanks for uploading it to your servers.  I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of time and effort I put into this mode.  I hope the community enjoys it.  ;-)
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 06:10:52 am »

This game mode has just received an update.

!weapons now prints the team's weapon levels to a box versus chat.
The help string has been condensed, and the say commands are included at the bottom.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:42:29 am by Troy »

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:08 am »

@Troy
In my opinion upon playing this gamemode, the DD44 is far more OP than the PP7. This in turn gives Janus a huge lead. Is there a way to provide both teams with the same starter weapon?

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 03:25:43 am »

I don't know where you got your facts from, but I got mine from the Wiki...

The PP7 and DD44 do exactly the same damage.  The PP7 is actually better because it's more accurate.

This list was chosen for a reason for both teams:

MI6: PP7, ZMG, KF7, AR33, Moonraker
Janus: DD44, D5K, KF7, RC-P90, Moonraker

Level 1: Damage and fire rate are the same.  MI6 has a slight advantage because their weapon is more accurate but Janus has one more shot in their magazine.
Level 2: Damage is the same.  Janus has a slight advantage because their weapon is more accurate but MI6 has more bullets.
Level 3: KF7s
Level 4: Fire rate and accuracy is the same.  Janus' weapon has a larger magazine size but MI6's weapon can zoom.
Level 5: Lasers

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 03:29:15 am »

I'm not saying your weaponset is bad or anything, I'm just saying if a player was to shoot MI6 with constant headshots with the DD44 compared to the PP7, you'll notice the difference. Idk, it's something I observed.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 09:02:38 am »

I'm not saying your weaponset is bad or anything, I'm just saying if a player was to shoot MI6 with constant headshots with the DD44 compared to the PP7, you'll notice the difference. Idk, it's something I observed.

You'd have to be close to score 8 consecutive headshots with the DD44. That or be very very good. I personally think things are quite well balanced in terms of weaponsets. The DD44 loses a bit on the long range but has one extra round. It wouldn't be so much fun if everyone simply had the same weapons. The only "big" difference is on the last tier since the P90 can deal an extra 20 points of damage but then again, aim your shots and you can make a dent, or even kill, its wielder (though the goal is to chase the coward with the shotgun).

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:10 pm »

I agree.  The only big difference is RC-P90 vs AR33.  The RC-P90 does slightly more damage and the has a larger magazine size.  However, those two weapons are the close as I can come to equality.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 09:20:41 am »

I've spent a few days porting this game mode to 4.2.  It will be ready for testing tomorrow.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 01:24:02 am »

I've updated the first post with a 4.2 version for the Devs and BTs to try.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 12:03:18 am »

Since 4.2, there is a bug with this mode.  When the game mode is changed or the bots are reloaded, the GETracker complains about errors.  This may be an issue related to 4.2.  In light of this, the download link will be removed until further notice.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:06 am »

Since 4.2, there is a bug with this mode.  When the game mode is changed or the bots are reloaded, the GETracker complains about errors.  This may be an issue related to 4.2.  In light of this, the download link will be removed until further notice.

I also get these in my gameplays that use GETracker, it seems to not actually affect the gameplay at all.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 02:09:25 am »

KM has provided me with his upcoming patch.  This has fixed the problem.

(Link updated)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 09:37:51 am »

would be cool to see a triple alliance composed of arsenal, agent under fire and TDM in the next official patch. I think they work quite well now. what do you think?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:02:42 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 03:24:30 pm »

Yea, that would be.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

I made some changes to this game mode that I didn't publicly announce.  Instead of the VIP dying, and the round restarting, when the VIP dies, he will be eliminated, and one of his guards will take his place.  When all the VIPs have been eliminated, the surviving team will be declared the victors, and the round will restart.  This helps cut down on short rounds and new players ruining the game mode.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:21:53 am by Troy »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up