GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:01:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where'd your gaming name come from?  (Read 10578 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Where'd your gaming name come from?
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:53:15 am »

We have a lot of creative and random gaming names. Where did you come up with them/get them?

Mine is from my grandfather, a major in the OSP.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:22:57 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Where'd your gaming name come from?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:20:20 am »

Mine is my name in Polish.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:09 am »

Mine is my name in Polish.

And in Portuguese too, minus an ´.

Look at Bond's gun. There you have it.

liamcadhain

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:15:28 am »

My user name is just my real name in Irish. Well technically it should be Liam O Cadhain but I just dropped the 'O'.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:32:52 am »

nuff said.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »

I thought of basstronix while I was taking a shit in Alabama.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:10:07 pm »

I started gaming under the moniker "The_Dominator_0" since "The_Dominator" was taken... this was back in the MSN Gaming Zone playing AOE.

A lot of people in high school called me "monkey" cause I guess I look like one, I think I look more like a neanderthal but I take that as a compliment as scientists now say they are smarter than normal humans, so yah.

Anyway, I came up with killermonkey once I started playing TFC in 2000. The name stuck.

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

I used to have an odd fascination with putting Es at the end of words for no particular reason when I was younger. Bashe was a result, and it stuck for some reason. I also used to go as Basherman120 on a site or two, and Bashe might have spawned from that as well.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »

I thought of basstronix while I was taking a shit in Alabama.

Something to do with the sound it made as it hit the water?

Anyway, I realise my name on here is markpeterjameslegg, it's my full name, but on Xbox Live and various other game accounts I'm known as MarkMadPage, Page being the name of my step father. The "MAD" stems from when I was a child playing in the arcades, there was no way to type Mark in three letter's, so I used to put "MAD" instead.

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »

There was a player in GES for a while called John Browning, so one day I switched to Sam Colt just for fun. It stuck.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 11:52:51 am »

Actuallly a weird story...
I used to go with the username "Filou13" a while ago, Made this username a very long time ago when I was young, And never looked into changing it.
It was summer 2008, I was playing Saints Row 1 at a friend's house, It was about 4AM, We we're not quite sober and we told to ourselves "Let's make a rastafari character named ganjaman" so we did, Then the game froze at some point, And we didn't save, So the ganjaman was forever lost. Few months later, I told to myself "I'll use this old insider joke as a new nickname online". I ended up reversing the nickname and it gave "Namajnag".

I've been around for a while so I think everyone figured that one out so far...

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:38 pm »

Ha ha, I never noticed that namajnaG, like it.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »

cy (pronounced: sai) is not just my gaming name, I see it as an artist´s name, chosen in my teenager´s years. cy is everything I am as a human being. an artist, a shark, a gamer, a moron, a sucker, a fucker, a musician and a reader. I don´t know where it originally came from, but it´s short, its cool, it´s funny. like cybersex or mercy. cyprus or the doctrine of cy pres.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 04:52:39 pm »

I just went with my own name, soon to discover that there are actually more people who carry my name. (no, realy)

Given that I wasn't in favor or UltraGamerxxx1337pwn0r or .:-Vincent_t3h_B35t!!-:., I had to flip the i in order to still just use my name. Because the height of the ! fucks up the typography, I just went with CapsLock.

The thing is that I just don't have a nickname. People just say Vinny or Vin or just go with "Yo sup bro". (which isn't meant to be gangster)

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:01 pm »

I picked Vortex as my first gaming alias, primarily at random and on the spot and it stuck. Later on I felt the need to have something more unique and a name that no one else uses. I decided to play off the old name and fourtecks was the result (yes, I usually prefer it without capitalization).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:24:23 pm by Mike [fourtecks] »
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up