GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:36:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Caverns Frontzone?  (Read 13063 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Caverns Frontzone?
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

i was wondering if the front zone area of Caverns will be made?

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Caverns Frontzone?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:39:24 am »

If the single player is going to be made, then the whole of Caverns will need to be built also.
I'm not sure of having the frontzone as a separate map for multiplayer though. I think it should just be giant Caverns map. Even when I play the map we have now, it feels very small to me, even though it isn't.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 04:52:56 am »

There are big changes in-store for 4.2 Caverns. Its a new map by our standards. FZ will be made if we decide to create the single player mode. But for multiplayer, the front zone would be pointless. Its literally a one-line, path. Way too linear for Multiplayer.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:27:26 am by major »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

terps4life90

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 04:14:47 am »

I think the frontzone would be perfect, and it needs to be in the game, i really dont think that the map is that linear.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 06:52:23 am »

I think you should take another look at the frontzone layout before the only, one lane, huge game play busting, circular walkway that connects the FZ and BZ

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:16:45 am »

Would only make sense to put it in there for SP.

It's to linear and also to small to be a map on it's own.
Adding it to the BZ would be the only option, but for that it would have to be
changed a lot with additional paths and stuff to improve the flow.
But the distance between the FZ and BZ level is to high to even considder this.
(Remember the giant cave with the spiral walkway?)

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 11:33:12 am »

I think you should take another look at the frontzone layout before the only, one lane, huge game play busting, circular walkway that connects the FZ and BZ

Look at runway, only one way to go, and its in the game.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 05:08:40 pm »

Lol just wait until its deleted and restarted.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 05:32:47 pm »

Lol just wait until its deleted and restarted.
Again?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:31 am »

Yup, I can do it way better

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:35 am »

Plus all the other ways to go.
It's also not a single narrow twisty claustrophobic corridor.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:47 am »

Runway is an open area, You can move around everywhere, And there are a few tunnels, Whilst Caverns FZ is just... Two corridors with little to no space.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:47:50 am »

Every map can be adopted to a MP setting. However, it takes a lot more creative work. Fitting it to the original, while keeping the theme of how this would transfer to a somewhat realistic feel of a similar setting.

Train is..... well a train, but as you can see, there are plenty of ideas for it.

http://my007heaven.net/gesupdates/B3/2010/19jan/train_full.jpg

Dam, Frigate, and more are same, but all have a lot of ideas how to make them work.

Caverns_fz could be adopted like the main staircase in Silo. You would get the iconic spiral, while having exits and rooms off of it on different levels. Just one small idea. Its a lot of work, and takes a lot of testing/compiles of hundreds different versions to get a idea fully layed in stone.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:52:30 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 06:38:04 am »

I'm having an hard time deciphering this image... :/

terps4life90

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:55 am »

Overhaul it like the runway, in the original n64 runway there was no downstairs or hangars you could run into. Add shit to it :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up