GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:00:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems getting Hammer to work  (Read 3701 times)

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
Problems getting Hammer to work
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:50 am »

Hey guys, I've decided to dick around in Hammer, make a custom map for my clan, but I can't get the darn thing to work. My problem seems to be a fairly typical one of the grids not showing up in the editor.
Before you go pointing me to the various explanations that have been linked around this help section, that I need to configure the engine, etc.:
1) http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Setting_Up_Hammer
2) http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_Up_Hammer

I have tried these, they don't work. I was able to follow through with the first one to the very end, in SDK 2009, changing the game data files and such, but it wouldn't let me hit "Apply" at the end of it. So I just hit "Ok" and it didn't work at all.

In the second one the only engine option was SDK 2006 and it didn't work at all, wouldn't launch Hammer.

When I choose SDK 2007 as an engine option (as I need to do) and choose Edit Game Configurations, it gives me this

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I also have these error messages at the bottom of the blank Hammer screen, in SDK 2009.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:02:10 pm by Sam Colt »
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Problems getting Hammer to work
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »

Yeah this is Valve's fault. There is only one solution to this at the moment which is to install a custom configuration.

Copy all of this into notepad:

Code: [Select]
"Configs"
{
"Games"
{
"Goldeneye: Source - 4.1"
{
"GameDir" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource"
"hammer"
{
"GameData0" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\goldeneye.fgd"
"GameData1" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\base.fgd"
"TextureFormat" "5"
"MapFormat" "4"
"DefaultTextureScale" "0.250000"
"DefaultLightmapScale" "16"
"GameExe" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\Source SDK Base 2007\hl2.exe"
"DefaultSolidEntity" "func_detail"
"DefaultPointEntity" "prop_static"
"BSP" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe"
"Vis" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
"Light" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
"GameExeDir" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\Source SDK Base 2007"
"MapDir" "C:\maps\dev"
"BSPDir" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\maps"
"CordonTexture" "tools\toolsskybox"
"MaterialExcludeCount" "0"
}

}
}
"SDKVersion" "3"
}

Rename all the instances of "USERNAME" in the file with your Steam account name. If you use a 64 bit OS rename your "program files" directory in each instance appropriately as program files (x64)

Then save it as GameConfig.txt and stick it in your steam/username/sourcesdk/bin/source2007/bin folder
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:45:20 am by major »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
Re: Problems getting Hammer to work
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »

Thank you Mangley. I'm using x86, I take it I should just add that to instances of program files?

EDIT: Got it working, thanks so much.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:34:40 pm by Sam Colt »
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up