GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:19:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animator App  (Read 11292 times)

Squash Stretch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Squash Stretch has no influence.
Animator App
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:39:22 pm »

I'm reasonable new to game animation but I've at training for a a year at www.animationmentor.com which is more film based. I have posted some assignments I have done, as you can see there not prefect. I'm responsible for all animation and layout, however I not responsible for the character models or the rigs. Everything is hand keyed, no mocap. Well I hope to hear back from someone soon.

A side note about the Jogon piece I haven't learnt facial animation yet but I will in 10 days.

http://www.dd3d.ca/animation/FINAL_Boxjump.mov

http://www.dd3d.ca/animation/Final_Jog_On_Pass.mov

http://www.dd3d.ca/animation/TailorThrow_Finish.mov

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Animator App
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:55:39 pm »

I've heard a lot of good things about animation mentor.  Do you have a specific interest in mind?  The two main areas I believe we need animation in is weapon animations, and specific character animations such as death animations. 

How much time per week would you be able to give to the project?
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Squash Stretch

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:59:11 pm »

I've heard a lot of good things about animation mentor.  Do you have a specific interest in mind?  The two main areas I believe we need animation in is weapon animations, and specific character animations such as death animations. 

How much time per week would you be able to give to the project?

I would like to start off as a weapons animations, what program is suggested for animating in Half Life 2?? Cause I have how to mod in HL2, I have been modding in Crysis lately.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:02:39 pm »

Either Max, Maya, or XSI can be used to create the animation, though the quality of the exporters varies.  If you don't have access to those programs,  the XSI mod tool is a free one that can be used. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Squash Stretch

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:04:51 pm »

I have maya its the program I use at school, so if maya is the case I have a reasonable new rigging workflow I itching to try out as well.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:45:43 pm »

You are working with bipedal animations, why not animate our custom guns in the world view (as in what you see other players doing). That is a crucial step we need to hammer down. I have all the base work done for this, but just need the animations.

Squash Stretch

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 10:01:46 pm »

You are working with bipedal animations, why not animate our custom guns in the world view (as in what you see other players doing). That is a crucial step we need to hammer down. I have all the base work done for this, but just need the animations.

Ok....are the rigs done, and ready to go. Cause if they are send me something and I'll get started. If thats ok with everyone.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 10:36:06 pm »

haha, im taking a 2d animation class at school, so squash and stretch made me giggle
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 11:54:07 pm »

not to shabby i think youll be pretty good to help out with weapon animation which we could really use some help on to get them dialed in and looking sexy.

bumped to trial, go ahead and make a new thread in the Trial members section, and we'll get you something to do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 02:22:57 am »

Yah the rigs are done, we'll talk more. Contact me on AIM and I'll set you up nice and good

Squash Stretch

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 02:58:49 am »

Well thanks guys for the trial, I have posted a topic in the trial forum.

haha, im taking a 2d animation class at school, so squash and stretch made me giggle

Got to love the 12 principles, always good to make someone giggle once in awhile. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up