GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 06:23:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90403  (Read 8094 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 90403
« on: April 04, 2009, 03:28:59 am »

Did someone say classics? Because I think I heard someone say classics.

Ever notice how everyone complains about how map ____ isn't in Goldeneye Source?  In preperation for Beta 4, I've taken it upon myself without much in the way of permission to create all the classic maps.

Now, we have a few already, but they're kinda stinky.  There was no direction as far as scale is concerned and what there was was based on HL2.  Having elbowed KM until he agreed that we need to get on scale, which wasn't too hard when looking at the jumping issue and at the dire necessity that is a perfect Goldeneye grenade launcher, I'm working my magic to get everything accurate to within about two inches.

And since I am a crafty dude, I'm able to do that sort of thing in a relatively efficient manner.

First up, as proof of concept, is Basement.  Obviously it isn't going to look a whole lot different, but I wanted to start easy and ensure that if there is a problem I find it before I get invested in the complicated maps.

The primary deviations we are going to endure are of course more spawn points, and modification to the weapons.  All the classic weapon spawns will be present, but a few new ones will be added to keep up with the increased spawn point count.  I will also be adding a bit of armor where needed for balance issues.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
Re: VC's Laboratory 90403
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:43:06 am »

AWESOME!
Happines is a warm gun.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:26:25 am »

What will the art direction be for the classic maps? Will the standard be pixelated textured, or revamped ones that have the same look as the old ones?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:49:15 am »

What will the art direction be for the classic maps? Will the standard be pixelated textured, or revamped ones that have the same look as the old ones?

Revamped textures that look exactly the same, just higher resolution.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:59:22 am »

That's a great idea! I already like the Classic maps the way they are.

The scale thing makes sense, since some of the game mechanics have changed.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 02:18:33 pm »

moar screenshots please.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 03:03:47 pm »

We talking Facility_Classic look or Library_Classic? where Library looks good, yet is original to ge007. And Facility looks like GE007.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 02:39:56 pm »

Oh boy! Can't wait to see cradle classic :S

Where you can't jump off the cradle! lol.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 04:00:31 pm »

We are talking about all of them, eventually.

Basement section is done save for lighting.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 04:47:27 pm »

VC, i know your gunna need some help ;)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 05:00:03 pm »

On lighting, probably.  I've never gotten lighting to look the way I want it to.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 12:23:07 am »

can you do bunker after basement Please... i've been waiting for years now to play bunker
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 01:43:01 am »

After Library, yes.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 05:24:36 am »

awww. thank you VC. Can't wait for bunker...KM and I's favorite level :) It will be fun to at least have bunker classic until the real one is made. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 06:34:21 am »

Added about two-thirds of stacks.  God the texture alignment is a pain in the ass.  Hammer sux.
Pages: [1]   Go Up