GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 04:54:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90130  (Read 11289 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 90130
« on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:30 pm »

ge_startarmed

This is a server variable that will have a significant impact on gameplay.  Needless to say, anything of significance and gameplay-impact in GES came out of my mind, was assaulted with the Chaos Grid, and the brusied remnants is what makes it through the filtre.

ge_startarmed was intended to determine the player's weapon on spawn, and to enable a server to handle LTK specially, since LTK is very different when a player starts with a gun or without, and a server may want to arm players in LTK but not in the other scenarios.  So, I drafted it thus:

0: Slap in DM, Knife in LTK.
1: Knife in DM, Pistol in LTK.
2: Pistol always.

I know, very complicated, and doesn't address the problem.  Fortunately, KM saved the day an implemented the following:

As you can see, the Chaos Grid added new modes that are so great I never even thought of them.  Plus, it enables new weapons.  In earlier incarnations, 3 started player with knife and pistol, but Xzibit showed up and said "Yo Dawg, I heard you liked knives and guns, so I put a gun in your knife so you can shoot while you stab."  Teddy Bear was originally envisioned as a special item that would protect you from instant death when jumping from a catwalk in LTK, but now that LTK falls aren't instantly lethal, Teddy Bear is now a weapon for the German localization.  Since Germany censors any violence, German players will be compelled to run LTK+Start Armed 3, where players use the Teddy Bear to put their Friends to Sleep.  Player to put the most friends to sleep gets the Sandman Award.

But there's a number after 3, so let's have the most armed starts possible!  Borrowing from other great FPS's of the past, Start Armed 4 starts players with the ASMD Shock Rifle (it was going to be Moonraker, but ASMD has a cooler beam) and for LTK, the BFG9000 is clearly a weapon for everyone to start with.

screeeeeBOOOM!

Oh, and the whole LTK functionality thing; I don't think that actually works...

This message brought to you by the Ministry of Things That Don't Exist. Enumerating Silenced ZMG, Start Armed 3, and everything else that was put into this mod without privilege of existing outside the fever dreams of madmen since AD 2005.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:48:30 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: VC's Laboratory 90130
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:28:57 pm »

Dear god...what an....different...post. I am not sure what to think. I would laugh so hard if the teddy bear was actually true.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »

LOL, I see what joo did thar.

Hehe, funny stuff. It's obvious a teddy and those other weapons aren't gonna go in. I just liked the funny reading behind it though. xD

Teddy bear for Germany... Heh.

The StartArmed variable sounds like it works nice though. :)

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 09:38:21 pm »

What the hell is going on in here?
*Understands and proceeds to write a completely futile comment*

Damn, I want to start with a Teddy bear and smack it in someone's face. You should make an Easter-Egg out of this.

I think I heard ASMD Shock Rifle somewhere, but I don't remember where. Was it on UT?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:40:33 pm by PPK »

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:47 pm »

I like ge_startarmed 3 the best.

I also like the red ASMD shock rifle. Perhaps on LTK you spawn with the red one instead of the blue one.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:52:51 pm »

teddy is a throwable object, but like a grenade you have to prime it first. By priming it I mean hug it.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 12:08:49 am »

IM CHARGIN MAH BEARZOR!
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 05:38:27 am »

Needless to say, anything of significance and gameplay-impact in GES came out of my mind

That sounds a bit conceded and false as well.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 05:58:29 am »

I am glad I can shit in VC's cereal periodically.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:54 am »

ok i found some reference for the Gun knife thing who's going to model it cause beta 3s getting close.

ill model and texture snuggles in Zbrush
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 08:32:48 am »

Sweeet!
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »

I don't know how you form your little bunny poops to look like raisins.

TWO SCOOPS?  TWO POOPS!

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »

KM says we can have server configs run when the scenario changes, so now-retasked, ge_startarmed now has a 3 I can authorize.

I'm still not permitting silenced ZMG, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up