- 0 (0%)
not sure
- 0 (0%)
who cares
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 08, 2010, 03:19:09 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: do you accept it?  (Read 3299 times)

kokkokoo

do you accept it?
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

i was making a Goldeneye:Source pack to garrysmod its now ready but my brother said that i have to ask you can i use your models and other stuff. So tell my whatdo you think about it?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: do you accept it?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:00:55 am »

The poll is kind of irrelevant but I voted no anyway. The models are property of the GE:S developers.. it's up to them.

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:02 am »

One of the things I hate about Gmod "model packs" is that a majority of the content within them is stolen from other games, mods, other model packs, etc. If someone wants to put all the GES stuff in gmod, they can copy it all over from the mod folders themselves in a whole 15 seconds. Unless one of the leads comes by and says yes it's fine, I would say no as a lot of the developers probably don't want their wonderfully crafted models stuffed into a zip and uploaded on the Gmod site.

Additionally, the contents of the zip will be outdated/obsolete as soon as the next version comes out with additional/updated content.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:41:50 am »

I'd say no. But if you want to get more exposure for us, and accomplish the same result make a post on gmod forums explaining (basically a tutorial thing) to people how they can extract our files from our mod and have fun for themselves.

This way they get awareness about our mod, download our mod, and get to experience the characters/wapons in gmod with their friends.

Thats far more acceptable than you packaging and releasing our work illegally to ppl who wont realize as much that its our work even if you told them in plain text..

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:18:06 am »

ABSOLUTELY NOT

You are welcome to post a link to our mod where they can download it and grab their own content. We do not endorse re-distribution of our content in any shape or form. ESPECIALLY Garry's mod's "steal" packs...

This topic is locked. NO FURTHER DISCUSSION.
Pages: [1]   Go Up