GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:33:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting New.  (Read 5064 times)

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
Starting New.
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:41:01 am »

Alright,
So, with the release of Beta 4, it seems like this would be a good time to probably bring back some of my former architecture skills and put them to good use.  I've had several years of experience using the Medal of Honor Radiant program and did several maps that are probably all over the place now, but would like to potentially pick up in Source, but first things first, where to start and what's needed. 

I've already decided exactly what I'm going to do up, which is going to be a remake of my favorite map in Medal of Honor, Destroyed Village.  It's a very open map that doesn't require a huge amount of detail, practically a sniper's paradise, but still many places to duck and cover in.

So, any idea's?

Edit:Well Apparently this isn't gonna work out very well with me until 1. I get MY computer back and 2. Figure out why I can't select anything in Source SDK under the Orangebox, can select under Halflife 2, but not Orange Box.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:01:10 am by {EFC}Cobra »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Starting New.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:26:15 am »

Someone expert will be along shortly. I know basics but dont want to steer you wrong by mistake!

Guys help him out :D kgo

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:03:48 pm »

Steam breaks sometimes and the profiles get screwed up.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »

I'll be interested to see how this works out Cobra. I'm not sure how exactly it will play in GE:S.

With regards to not requiring a huge level of detail, you should put as much detail as you can into the map. Even though the original was quite simple in geometry, that was because the engine and graphics cards weren't so advanced back then. Don't feel constrained. Whilst admittedly detail = work. People want to play beautiful and detailed maps.

Worth noting: Hammer navigational controls and other features are quite different from Radiant.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:56:28 pm »

Ok, as long as like the general concept, as it appears in photos I've seen, seem to be relatively the same, I don't think I'll have much of a problem.  Plus, IF I can properly get it working, would be nice to do a 3D walk around of my former ship, which my friend has been so inclined to start photographing from the inside out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up