GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:15:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sprays  (Read 35445 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Sprays
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:06:42 pm »

ITT you post your sprays for GE:S. So go ahead and unleash your Photoshop skills, which can't be worst than mine's, and make a nice spray.
I'll post the (crappy) ones I made so far. Don't be shy! We want to know the artist in you!

In Freeman we trust: found this image on the internets and though about making a spray of of it.

Plenty O'Toole: gander at those beautiful... eyes.

Honey Ryder: just look and make sure you don't drool over the keyboard (never mind the misspelling on the file name).

Shithole: make sure you spray this near the bathroom in the Facility.

Baron Samedy: (insert pointless description here).

Klobb: health warnings are never too much (nevermind the error; I already know an R is missing).

ZMG: one for those players we just love to hate.

If you want the RAR files that include the image file and the VTF's and VMT's, PM me 'cause I can't seem to figure out how to attach those files here (guess it isn't possible at all, but oh well...).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:28:16 pm by PPK »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Sprays
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:16:17 pm »

It's a lot easier to just supply the TGA files, since your HL2.exe will load them and create the appropriate VTFs and VMTs.  Or, leave it to the user to convert the PNG to TGA and proceed normally.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

It's a lot easier to just supply the TGA files, since your HL2.exe will load them and create the appropriate VTFs and VMTs. 

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks btw. But this way they already have the right files and there will be no hassle for those who don't know what you said or how to convert files, etc...

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 06:52:13 pm »

I would expect it's easier for a tyro to handle "load this TGA file in the spray options screen" rather than "navigate to the /GUI/logos subdirectory of your steam game's directory and extract these files therein, then proceed to launch the game and confirm the files are installed correctly."
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 07:19:45 pm »

Perhaps... Either way, I'll provide the TGA's aswell.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:55:30 pm »

Just so everyone can know, Paint.net (The program not the website) can save images as TGA.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »

I like the GIMP.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:18:14 pm »

Should say "Use at youR own risk"

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:26:14 pm »

Should say "Use at youR own risk"

OOPS! Shit I forgot to type the R. Damn, I'll have to redo this. Thanks for the correction.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:29:17 pm by PPK »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 02:12:01 am »

So.... what's the supported filename.tga to use this? erm sounds awkward... example: in cs1.6 it needs to be called TEMPDECAL.wad for it to be noticed as a spray... i'm always picky about what my spray is...

and where would i put this <>.tga at?

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 03:18:31 am »

It can be named anything.  Just go to Options>Multiplayer>Custom Spray, and then browse to the image you want to be your spray. It doesn't even have to be .tga I believe .jpg .bmp and others are also supported.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 04:34:05 am »

I found this useful for creating sprays.

It helped me create this Ourumov one.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:54 am »

And this one....
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 05:41:49 am »

not EXACTLY as i was looking for but that tutorial from FPSB helped out :D i'm used to making 1.6 sprays lol... simple .wad convert with 0,0,255 Pure blue would suffice for transparency.. lol thanks for that tutorial though :D

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 10:14:39 am »

It helped me create this Ourumov one.

Nice spray. I just make mine's in Photoshop and then convert them to .vtf's and .vmt's using VTFEdit. It is more complicated, apparently, but I've gotten used to it. I'll post more when I do them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up