GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:09:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing GE:S on a lethalzone server  (Read 4493 times)

santal0l

Installing GE:S on a lethalzone server
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:15 am »

I have the FTP for the server, how can I install golden eye source on it? I read the wiki but how would i get the .bats to auto run?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Installing GE:S on a lethalzone server
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:46:50 am »

You cannot run a server on a basic ftp server (as far as I know) need some sort of program/person to start the server.

Is this a server made for hosting games? if so should have some sort of way to start the server.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

santal0l

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:36:21 am »

the server is always running. its running CS:S on it right now

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:47 pm »

Unless you hack the comp through FTP, which is entirely possible because its the worst protocol ever invented next to telnet in terms of security, you can't execute commands via FTP. You have to have access to the shell, SSH would be what you are looking for. I am not going to tell you how to set that up, that is entirely too difficult over a forum post especially if you have no knowledge of what SSH even is or a shell.

I suggest looking on server hosting sites for your answer.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 04:02:49 am »

if its a gaming server, then you need to have the host install the "orangebox" files..unless you wanna hand upload..but that wouldn't be fun at all.

Then upload the gesource files.

Then figure out how the host restarts/resets the server, and change the command line to something similar to this:
Code: [Select]
-game gesource_release -norestart -nocrashdialog +ip 206.123.95.198 -port 27015 -tickrate 66 +fps_max 600 +maxplayers 14 +exec server.cfg +map ge_facility -console

(of course with your ip/port)

Example of what it might look like ^^

Basicly follow steps 3-6 on the Wiki server page (http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta3_Server_Install)

Easiest way would be to get your server host do it, if there nice :)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

santal0l

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 12:44:20 pm »

I manually did it overnight and now i get "invalid steam key size" I used the gesource files from the FULL ZIP on the wiki page
Pages: [1]   Go Up