GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:06:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: !Goldeneye Merch!  (Read 6502 times)

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
!Goldeneye Merch!
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:44:42 pm »

I was wondering if it was even slightly possible. It would definitely be a good way to spread word about the "divine mission" ;D

btw, I know you can't use "bond logos" and make a profit from the mod. But this seems different as it's merchandise.

Discuss,

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: !Goldeneye Merch!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:28:20 am »

If money got involved in this mod it would be more likely we get a C&D and have to stop working on the mod. Remember we are doing this out of the idea and love of ge64 and we want to bring it back to life using the source engine. We don't want anything in return, we just want to make a great mod.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 12:43:14 am »

So absolutely no way to sell t-shirts and other things with GE:S on it? (even non-profit wise)

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:31:57 am »

its basicaly a big no no, we might be able to do it. but since no one has a free intellectual property lawyer to  fight MGM and the other major corporations over the possible legal battle... we would just rather say, no money involved in the project.

honestly we would make next to nothing, and then splitting up the money equally amongst the developers, would give each dev about 6 bucks in the end haha so its just not worth the risk.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Skunk

• Agent
  • Skunk has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 05:58:36 am »

Unless you do what some movie based mods do and change everything... but then it wouldn't be GE64 would it? ESF is a good example, removing all the DBZ stuff and just leaving the base gameplay.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 11:41:05 am »

Any intellectual property involved with James Bond is owned by Eon Productions
Any content from the original game is owned by Rare, including map layouts and weapon groups, is now part of Microsoft
The title GoldenEye is a property of MGM
The license to make James Bond games is now licensed out to Activision, which transferred from EA this year

Any sort of detriment to revenue steams that those properties generate is a threat to our mod. So basically we're in the middle of a Mexican stand-off where our game is good for promotion of the Bond universe, but anything beyond that is a conflict of their financial interests, and the second we tried to pull any revenue from it, we would be smote down with the fury of a thousand suns.

So no, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up