GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:25:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Goldeneye S and Mani Mod  (Read 8985 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Question about Goldeneye S and Mani Mod
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:30:58 am »

Just confused about something. I have used mani admin for a year now and will that work with goldeneye source? I thought mani admin mod was for counter strike source only. So you basically can you use mani mod for any source game only?

Thanks for helping me clear it up.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Question about Goldeneye S and Mani Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:53:38 am »

Yes mani mod will work as long as you set it up right. I dont know why anyone would wanna use it tho. With LUA scripting and such you can do far cooler things with our game like tailoring conditions. Things like any maps you want to have certain gametypes (pretty sure) and some release documentation on the wiki and official updates in the forum will cover these things.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:36 am »

I tried to get mani mod on board with us, but they didn't respond to my requests. You technically can't use it without the appropriate plugin with all our variables and stuff. We will try to release something or direct you guys somehow to easily manage your servers.

As for LUA, that's for advanced users, but it definitely is a lot more extensible than Mani ever will be.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:08:48 am »

:cries: I wanted mani admin to work, though patience is the key to life and I will wait until mani responds to your requests.  Thanks for the response guys. Good luck!

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:12:05 am »

I thought lua wasnt an admin tool though?

Last time the basic functions of mani worked (as its still a source mod) and should be the same this time. If i get time ill give it a test run.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:26:14 am »

I was just testing Mani 1.2S Orange with SMM 1.7.0 on TF2 and it would crash on trying to slap myself. I see a lot of TF2 servers with this setup out there, but to me that seems unstable. IMO you won't want to use Mani with GES beta 3.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:03 pm »

Mani will work in beta 3. If you want the advandced functions to work (like slap), you'll have to find the signatures. But basic functions will work with no crash.

Since mani admin is just not maintained anymore, I highly doubt they will ever answer you. Just get the appropriate vdf & gametypes.txt and your good to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up