GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:34:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: November 10th - Beta 3's Features  (Read 44225 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
November 10th - Beta 3's Features
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:18:03 am »

Ok folks, we are closing in *RAPIDLY* to a condition I would like to call "release-ready" for BETA 3!

I would like to emphasize the fact that anything I say in this thread *IS NOT FINAL* and only reflects my personal believes and furthermore only C++, not art, etc.

Anyway, so on with the fun, you guys wrote to us and asked for certain features for BETA 3, we have reflected greatly on the original game, and have also brought in an exciting element... Orange Box! So without further ado, I will now discuss what WILL BE in BETA 3:

- A WAY better "create a server" option
- A better weapon selection menu
- Collision Detection/Response (CD) and lag compensation
- Spawn Protection, You get 3 seconds of Invulnerability on spawn, if you fire your gun before the 3 seconds it's gone!
- Damage rates are tuned for ALL weapons and playtested vigorously
- Brand new weapon loadouts
- LUA Gameplays (DM, LTK, YOLT, MWGG) and teamplay
- Team Spawns
- Entire VGUI and HUD overhaul
- Multiplayer options menu works!
- A Radar
- Achievements (locally saved, cannot use Steam)
- End of Round report and Round Based Gameplay in general

The weapons that are going to be in FOR SURE:
- Slappers
- Hunting Knife
- Throwing Knife
- PP7
- DD44
- Cougar Magnum
- Klobb
- ZMG
- Phantom
- DK5
- KF7
- AR-33
- RCP90
- Auto Shotgun
- Sniper Rifle
- Grenades
- Golden Gun
- Prox Mines
- Timed Mines
- Remote Mines

I will post some more details in another thread in the next couple days. I will be fleshing out the new features in detail.
I hope this clears up some questions.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: November 10th - Beta 3's Features
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:27:21 pm »

Very nice sir :/

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:31:18 pm »

- Spawn Protection, You get 3 seconds of Invulnerability on spawn, if you fire your gun before the 3 seconds it's gone!
3 sec?! Isn't it too much? And it should be gone if you move, too.

- A Radar
Man, I dig on this. This is probably the most interesting feature. Is it going to be classic like, with the MWGG shown different?

The weapons that are going to be in FOR SURE
Hmmmmm, so there's only 6 more weapons? What about Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Moonraker, Tazer, etc... Owell, don't tell :/

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:04:48 pm »

Three is too long; It should be 667ms, the normal invuln period.  Just call the function that adds invuln time on spawn and no new code (but that one line) is needed.

Radar's finally working? We can add Live and Let Die! :D

Tazer's still on the drawing board and we really must not move into projectile weapons until we get hitscans done.  On that note, I don't know why no Moonraker; maybe they're recreating the model.  Behavior, it's the same as CMag but with faster rate of fire, less penetration, and more pewpewness.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:53:28 pm »

Three is too long; It should be 667ms, the normal invuln period.
This isn't enough. I personaly don't mind, a spawn victim or two is always welcomed :/

BCKMTWKILLAHS

• Agent
  • BCKMTWKILLAHS has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:39:33 pm »

Any character release info? Please say that Trevelyan will be in the release..PLEASE GOD

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »

Thank you killermonkey for this blog. I was waiting for something new to pop up :) You are awesome. Glad to see all these things will be added. From the looks of it, this beta is going to be awesome....more than awesome...stupendous. :D However, I would have liked to see rocket launcher/grenade launcher or some sort of weapon with explosions since that really adds to the gameplay as opposed to just plain shooting weapons. If the collision damage system is fixed, I don't see what the issue is with adding these...although I am not a programmer nor do I have any experience/knowledge of why I think that. :) You would know better killermonkey.

Either way, thank you for your work on beta 3 and coding it from scratch. And thank you GE: Source team for giving up your time to re-work everything into the game AGAIN. :) Now if only we could get the achievements to be valid in steam.....steamworks?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:13:59 pm »

I would like to clear up that I posted FOR SURE weapons that will be in, that is not to say we aren't working very hard on the other ones

Also, in all our playtests 3 seconds has not been an issue what-so-ever. It is perfect to get from your spawn point to a weapon and begin playing and also avoid being blown up by mines on the way (as long as you don't try to attack some one). VC has NEVER been to one of our playtests so I do not factor his comments in very heavily.

Also, I have not coded the radar yet, but I have extensive amounts of psuedo code to back it up. IT WILL BE IN BETA 3 (nuff said) and it WILL BE CLASSIC (nuff said) and IT WILL BE CUSTOMIZABLE BY LUA GAMEPLAY *more than nuff said*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:16:38 pm by killermonkey »

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:38:16 pm »

Omg, I'm SOOOO glad to see that ;D !

Goldeneye source rock.

It will alway rock.

I can't wait untile beta 3.

I think i'm going to check the forum every 10 min.

Ok, I must stop now.

Ya, rly.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:53 pm »

Wouldn't the adding of non-steam achievements make it easy to simply change variables to give one's self all the achievements? Plus, how are you to show these off to your friends without steam?
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

BCKMTWKILLAHS

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »

Any character release info? Please say that Trevelyan will be in the release..PLEASE GOD

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 11:16:51 pm »

"blown up by mines"

Suddenly, I'm sold on three-seconds.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »

Thank you very much for all this info. We appreciate it. I look forward to the info you'll be giving out the next few days.

A few questions:

Will we still need Beta 1 and Beta 1.1 installed to play Beta 3?

Will current GE:S maps be compatible with Beta 3?

I'd also love any info you could give us about Trevelyan.

E-Z

• Agent
  • E-Z has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 02:43:09 am »

Thanks for the update, can't wait :D

Will we still need Beta 1 and Beta 1.1 installed to play Beta 3?

No, beta 1/1.1 are on the old source engine. Beta 3 is on the Orange Box engine so all you'll need is the Orange Box Source SDK Base installed (from the tools section in your Steam client).

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 03:49:38 am »

Wouldn't the adding of non-steam achievements make it easy to simply change variables to give one's self all the achievements? Plus, how are you to show these off to your friends without steam?

Would you rather have no achievements? Cause its my way or nothing...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 04:24:23 am »

This is the official list of PROGRAMMING items that WILL NOT be implemented for BETA 3:

- Dual weapons of any kind (we have grand plans for this for B4)
- Capture the Flag/Key Gameplay
- Rolling Explosions
- Loading Screen Customization
- Custom Third-Person Player Animations
- Simple-Admin interface for servers
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:56:11 am by killermonkey »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 04:45:05 am »

Take a pic ;)

But seriousally, this would take extecive coding and hacking in the steam APPid#, lots of bullshit. However, I might beable to convince him to get it in the Final

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 05:21:13 am »

But seriousally, this would take extecive coding and hacking in the steam APPid#, lots of bullshit.
careful sharp, you're starting to speak like a coder :P

Also, I have not coded the radar yet, but I have extensive amounts of psuedo code to back it up. IT WILL BE IN BETA 3 (nuff said) and it WILL BE CLASSIC (nuff said) and IT WILL BE CUSTOMIZABLE BY LUA GAMEPLAY *more than nuff said*
That radar thing sounds sexy... Hope to see some LUA doc on it.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 05:32:17 am »

careful sharp, you're starting to speak like a coder :P

Doesnt mean i know what im talking about  haha ;)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:37 pm »

- Dual weapons of any kind (we have grand plans for this for B4)
- Rolling Explosions

Ahhh..Rolling explosions are awesome....I wish they could have made it. Remote/proximity and everything are so much more damaging that way and I loved hearing the breathing noise each time you were in there.

So will you be discussing the "grand plan" for duel weapons in beta 4 anytime soon? I wonder what you mean by "grand plan". :) Mix and match? hmmm...hidden weapons.....only 1 person can get dual at time...?......????..hmmmm

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 12:40:10 am »

- Rolling Explosions

- Custom Third-Person Player Animations

Meh, I really think that the double-hl2-explosion seen in the demo video looks great the way it is, and I understand the amount of work it must take to custom animate the player models. However, please fix the cougar magnum and sniper rifle animations to be their proper ones...

Also, is the jaws ragdoll fixed now?
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

BCKMTWKILLAHS

• Agent
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 12:13:32 pm »

So are we going to be blessed with a release sooner than Christmas?

CCsaint10

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 07:34:37 pm »

So are we going to be blessed with a release sooner than Christmas?

I really hope not..because I would rather get more weapons and other features in. It seems like they have finally gotten to the point that is a little bit past beta 1.0 when it comes to maps and weapons in the game...however this does looks 10x better then beta 1. However, I would like to see some other weapons in before they release..so I would rather not see them try to rush beta 3 out before christmas or even at christmas.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 08:15:37 pm »

We arent rushing anything, do not worry. Hence why no release has been made in years..

CCsaint10

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 07:57:43 am »

that is comforting to know. :) I just want to get as much as you guys can in to keep it a fresh and bugfree beta. That way, people continue to play it because it is fun and different. :)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 02:17:52 am »

thats the exact reason why we are not rushing this release.

BCKMTWKILLAHS

• Agent
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 11:00:27 am »

whaaaat about characterss???? It seems ive asked this a million times but noone gets back to me..

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »

whaaaat about characterss???? It seems ive asked this a million times but noone gets back to me..
Please read where you are posting. THIS IS THE PROGRAMMER'S BLOG

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:47 pm »

We don't really have a good answer yet.  I don't believe the characters you are talking about have made it all the way through the pipeline, so we aren't sure if they will be in yet. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up