GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:10:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 01/08/10 [January Report] Top 100!  (Read 19807 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
GES Update 01/08/10 [January Report] Top 100!
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »

Thanks goes out to everyone who helped us storm into the top 100! Now its time to go one step further and cast your top 100 vote for us on moddb.com!

Help us best our friendly competition, and once again win a MOTY award! However, instead of just ask for your vote without showing how much we appreciate your support, we want to give you a new years treat! A year of successful releases and media love is a fantastic step to proving our place at the top, but we are eager to cement our new year goals. With more promise of media, a release in the works, and the continued growth of solid development that makes Goldeneye: Source a big prospect for the new decade, not just a staple of the last, in the HL2 modding scene.

Show your support for Goldeneye: Source in the top 100!

*note: once clicked, navigate to 'best released mods' and then under the 'half-life 2' category you will find the vote button

This model and texture has been crafted from one of our three key Project Manager's, and lead character artist, Spider. As you can see by these following mass of in-game screens (showcasing the character in beta 4 maps), Jonathan has made not only a brilliant and engaging look to the "better" side of Alec Trevelyan, but also continued his design strategy for a satisfying likeness to the actor without being a blatant infringement on his/her person. Rigged by Killermonkey, this Mi6 character begins our BETA 4 trend of pulling back the balance from the Janus' firm grip.

We promised the in-game goods, and we deliver.. For England, James?

== Trevelyan == Click for larger image

Mapped by our talented and long time modder, InvertedShadow, this map as you may know is already on the release list. Since its beta 3 installment, some have noted from both developers and the playing community, that the map would gravitate to certain areas and bottlenecks with not a deal of cover. Beta 4 Archives will change all that and give the map a general facelift and streamline at the same time.

Inverted, the master perfectionist, got to work immediately with a passion to design a series of minor and smart layout changes, such as removing the ability to snipe the attic. This has the bonus of increased performance. Also, all of the areas now receive good traffic and purpose, wether to get guns and ammo, or just to marvel at the lighting and detail improvements. Check it out!

Click for larger image

Mapped by Sporkfire, this level has been steadily layed out since before beta 3 came to be. In the original game, Silo was incredibly linear, making this one of the tougher maps to integrate into a MP experience. A lot of layout changes were made, and tested. By October Spork nailed down something from our developer feedback that has come through with flying and ever so vibrant colors, to what is at heart a bleak locale. Now he has received a deal of 2D love from our texture artists, and his map has come alive.

We are so confident the nostalgist, and the revisionist in all of you will be satisfied at this creation. Here is a showing of the well known areas, and the new areas that focus to break up the linear structure. And who could say no to amazing looking rockets?

Click for larger image

Several of the weapons are undergoing some texture reworking. Ones to note are the Laser, DD44, and Grenade Launcher. This week we have some hot improvements already. Josh [SLX], has been hard at work giving these weapons the whole range of upkeep, introducing phong and spec maps that allow the details and reflective properties to pop in each map's diverse lighting range.

== DD44 retexture == Click for larger image

== Laser == Click for larger image

Next update will be screens of a revamped Facility_Backzone, a write up on some code elements and game-modes, plus a new addition to Sharpshootah's runway. Also, finally we are fixing up some small issues with some effects that should allow us to make some great footage during this month. We are really pushing our goal of some teaser video soon, so stay tuned!

Dont forget to vote for us in the top 100 list!! To do this go to the top 100 voting page and find us under the released category in HL2 mods. and click the vote button. Any issues ask us in a reply! We will try help.

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:10:39 am by Sean [Baron] »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 01/08/10 [January Report] Top 100!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »

yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa !! :D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:09 pm »

Awesome, just awesome.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:45:08 pm »

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah.. it all looks so incredible. I'm so pleased to see Silo is going to make the release  ;D and damn that DD44 looks so freaking sexy.

Now I'm really wondering what the 4th new map is going to be.  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:34:16 pm »

damn that DD44 looks so freaking sexy.

That would be me lol.

but theres still some debate about how to get it perfect.

If Wake would be so kind as to add a world model picture of the DD44, i would be uber pleased, because right now nobody can see the grip detail, which contains most of the nice things about the weapon overhaul.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:36:48 pm by Josh [SLX] »
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

Kashito91

• Agent
  • Kashito91 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 01:10:40 am »

Uhh.... when the release date again?
I've been looking at the update boards, like this one, for ages, and never seen a release date
Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to look half baked, but a game as awesome as this.... you get the idea! ^_^
FLASH! *BANG* AHHH AHHH!!!!!!! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE!

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 04:12:33 am »

Uhh.... when the release date again?
I've been looking at the update boards, like this one, for ages, and never seen a release date
Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to look half baked, but a game as awesome as this.... you get the idea! ^_^

We encourage you to play Beta 3, which was released on Feb 7th of last year, if you haven't already. As for Beta 4, well.. When its ready.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 02:03:31 pm »

The game looks even more detailed than in beta 3.
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

WNxRicky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • WNxRicky barely matters.WNxRicky barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:36 pm »

Nice work guys! I thought Beta 4 would be released this month though.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:58 pm »

"plus a new addition to Sharpshootah's runway"

Let me guess... :p
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:52:08 pm by X-tra »
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:47:48 pm »

"plus a new addition to Sharpshootah's runway"

Let me guess... :p

Guess!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:33:05 pm »

The tank?  :D :D :D :D :D

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:24:36 am »

Looking great, guys. I cannot wait to play with "laser beams" on the "silo".
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:24:33 am »

This is just keep getting better and better :o

I think this mod is going to heavily surpass GE64 in greatness!

But what is that blur in one of those silo screenshots? A gassleak? Wow...

But if you guys keep making this mod better and better, isn't it going to take too long? Or are all the other maps just not Ready (TM) for a media release? :-X If not, aren't you guys a little short of manpower?

But ofcourse the gameplay comes first... I'd rather have an awesome game and a little less models/maps than a lot of model and maps and another generic FPS. It seems as if you guys do have you priorities straight ;)

But who am I to critisize your awesome work? This is pure gold!

The laser, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, rolling explosions and silo are going to make beta4 probably the most awesome MP game in, like, years and years 8)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 03:26:47 pm »

But if you guys keep making this mod better and better, isn't it going to take too long? Or are all the other maps just not Ready (TM) for a media release?  If not, aren't you guys a little short of manpower?

We dont want to ruin all the surprise do we.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 06:41:55 pm »

Silo is pretty bad ass.  Just needs a few tweaks.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:27 pm »

agreed, this map made my jawdrop when i saw it. Sporkfire did such a nice job. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:44 pm »

Guess!

If it shoot rockets, then I'll be playing your map in B4.

And only your map.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:09:34 pm by X-tra »
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 01:17:46 am »

So... Silo, Facility Backzone, Library and Aztec are the four beta 4 maps?  :)

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 01:46:01 am »

Hey now, no jumping to "Crazy" theorys like that :P

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:25 am »

Love it! Since my steam took a shit on me. im just gonna wait till Beta 4 comes out then ill get back on the ole Goldeneye Source Bandwagon ^_^

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 09:28:39 am »

@Mangley: What about Caverns ?  ;)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 05:09:11 pm »

Oh yeah! I totally forgot!  ;D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »

So... Silo, Facility Backzone, Library and Aztec are the four beta 4 maps?  :)

Dont forget Caverns!

You hurt my feelings  :'(

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:24 pm »

Sowwy :-[

Your maps are my most anticipated though! Train and Streets!  :-*

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 06:38:49 am »

haha hope you can wait

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »

I can't  :D...........................

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 07:22:01 pm »

Well that sucks.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up