GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:24:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Hello!  (Read 5737 times)

FeedBack20

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • FeedBack20 has no influence.
Hello Hello!
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:13 am »

Hello all! After looking for the mod and stumbling across this site I figured what the hell why not sign up :P I actually finished the Digital Animation program here in Newfoundland and see if there was anything I could do  :) I was formally trained in XSI, Photoshop, After effects, Audition, Premiere and Flash. I'm also learning other programs to broaden my horizons ie. ZBrush, Maya, 3DS MAX, Cinema 4D.... basically anything pertaining to the field. I have a demo reel that I have yet to upload anywhere due to advice from our professor not to post anywhere mainstream where it'll age fast. But I'll throw some stuff up on youtube if you guys wanna have a look see! And awesome job so far!!!

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: Hello Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:28:34 am »

What are you applying as exactly, 3D Arist, 2D Artist, Animator, or everything? Also, yeah, we need to see some of your work to get an idea of your talent level. :)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 12:58:30 am »

you would likely be animator, since we could use more of that, and you studied it.

But yea needing the uploads and reels and pictures!

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 02:08:43 am »

you should like your spread awfully thin, i hope you are good at one of those areas haha.

lets see your reel post it up on a site like file front or photo bucket or rapid share or wherever you can get hosting.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

FeedBack20

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 02:32:47 am »

I uploaded my actual portfolio pics and demo reel here : http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/swema2023/Portfolio/
In my main album I have a few other random pics of like worth1000 PS entries and other things pertaining to the field
Oh and as a note we had to do everything by ourselves for the reel, from initial idea to post in a 3 month period so it was fairly hectic and not as polished as I'd like but thats it I guess... :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 02:40:10 am by FeedBack20 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:53 am »

Interesting, your demo reel looks a little stiff, but nothing less than what I can do! We are in desperate need of a character animator and seeing that you worked in XSI makes me really excited because that's what you'll have to use!

I say bump him to trial.

Do you have experience with layering animations and using actions?

FeedBack20

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 02:45:52 am »

yes sir! (to the layering and actions)
That's great news actually about the XSI because that's where I'd feel most comfortable
I'll upload a few more vids for you too like walk cycle projects and lip syncs... that's more smooth where as having a week to work on just animation as opposed to my reel which was the whole process for 3 months

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 03:19:34 am »

I like the idea around the demo reel you upload, nicely done. The animations are a bit stiff and could use more detail but, thats always fixable with more experience and critique.

I think, with help from us you will do just fine. We do need a character animator, and you look like a good canidate. Bumped to trial, please make a topic in the trial members board, and wait for an assignment :) Good luck
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up