GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 06:10:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission For Porting To Garry's Mod  (Read 30694 times)

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Permission For Porting To Garry's Mod
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:50 pm »

You were up front about it. I guess I just didn't have a full understanding of what exactly you were aiming for.  I'll talk to the devs and make sure the individuals who's assets are used are fine with it. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

maskedbandit

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 01:37:05 am »

I hope you guys realize also this is a great PR device for you guys, your link is everywhere we might showcase this port, this could only do good things for you guys

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 04:40:09 am »

I got no problem with him using our stuff, thats the point of garrys mod, however that would be a low blow to try and create a spinoff mod, hopefully you dont. enjoy our crap lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:41:52 am by SharpSh00tah »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 06:25:56 am »

Hey Bandit,

We talked it over, and while it seems we didn't have a good grasp of what you were asking, in the end it's not a big deal.  The project you are working on seems to be within the spirit of Garry's Mod, and doesn't detract from ours unless it is used differently in the future to directly compete with us.  As long as your project stays with its current intent and proper credit continues to be given to GES, we have no problem with you using the GES assets in their current form.

We would ask that when our next version is released (Beta 3), and your project would like to use assets from that, that you contact us again to make sure that the content creators are ok with the use of their assets. 

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 12:37:50 am »

You've got my permission to use my music for whatever... it's ended up in so many youtube videos and mods (including non-hl ones :/) that I don't really care any more, haha.  Have fun with that.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 05:42:26 am »

You've got my permission to use my music for whatever... it's ended up in so many youtube videos and mods (including non-hl ones :/) that I don't really care any more, haha. 

I know, right? I don't mind at all if people use my tracks as long as they credit me. Just don't do what is doing. I've messaged him several times and he still hasn't dropped a little note in the info section that it's my track. Whatever, at least it's out there and people are enjoying it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:52:42 am by Audix »

maskedbandit

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02:26 pm »

It keeps getting delayed, however hopefully tonight we are going to add something that should be fairly simple to add, we are going to make a 4 man server, and split the screen 4 ways just for that retro feel of your jerk friend that would always screen look, the only bad thing is you will need a nicer computer for it to run smoothly, I will take screenshots tonight hopefully for you guys to check out.

maskedbandit

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 02:59:01 pm »

this has little to do with the game mode, but it's a picture of us having some fun in a 3rd party golden eye map in garrys mod

that was after one of our weekly meetings, it was amazing we could get 16 people to cooperate and sit still for a few min. XD they useually run around hitting things with crow bars :D

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 08:21:51 pm »

lol :o ! Never thoug that 16 people could join in that map!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

maskedbandit

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 10:09:07 pm »

It keeps getting delayed, however hopefully tonight we are going to add something that should be fairly simple to add, we are going to make a 4 man server, and split the screen 4 ways just for that retro feel of your jerk friend that would always screen look, the only bad thing is you will need a nicer computer for it to run smoothly, I will take screenshots tonight hopefully for you guys to check out.

right now we are using an existing mod, we intend to improve this and make it more fit for golden eye, it's called admin tv, however, like I said, we intend to make our own improved version of it.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:16 pm »

Ok, now that's strange... Especially the golden gun one.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:55 am »

i really dont like this idea anymore...

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:04 am »

I know, right? I don't mind at all if people use my tracks as long as they credit me. Just don't do what is doing. I've messaged him several times and he still hasn't dropped a little note in the info section that it's my track. Whatever, at least it's out there and people are enjoying it.
You made that remix, Audix? I found that a long time ago on OC Remix and thought it sounded fairly familiar. :P Nice song, by the way.

Anyway, it looks like you're simply trying to use GE:S to attract people to your 4-player split screen mod, maskedbandit.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 02:44:21 pm »

Just tried it... Honestly its looks like a pre alpha or something, with a shitload of prop/text/map/etc. And you guys renamed the maps... lights are fucked now. Where is the split screen?

maskedbandit

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 10:50:59 pm »

Anyway, it looks like you're simply trying to use GE:S to attract people to your 4-player split screen mod, maskedbandit.

as i had said, that is not my mod, it was simply an idea...

I feel attacked sometimes on here guys, I'll be honest, it's not really a feel good environment when I get on and read some of those posts, I thought i have been doing a great job of promoting Golden Eye Source for you guys. If you guys don't like it say so, but don't beat around the bush, You guys let us use the content and then it seems like some are going back on their word after we have done quite a bit of work
i really dont like this idea anymore...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up