GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:44:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions  (Read 64055 times)

Snaker8

Re: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 07:39:19 pm »

I'll get the Wii at some point.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:36:05 pm by Snaker8 »

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
Re: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 02:35:57 pm »

I just got a wii. I started a zelda game to just barely run around a bit. Then I tried out a very tad of wii sports. But now I am letting my system update, which is taking awhile since everyone is doing it I bet. However my main goal right now is to get a tad of sleep before going to work. My impressions will have to wait until I get a good amount of time avail to put into this thing ;)
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

7SEALS

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 7SEALS is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 03:23:16 pm »

me and a buddy of mine waited 8 hours for one. We got it at midnight. Didn't get any games though. We just played around with the Wii sports, and wow I am impressed. All the motions on Wii sports are very basic, but all they need is a game to take the basic moves and make them more advance. It really has some potential. I can't wait to see some mario party games.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 06:56:15 pm »

:: But now I am letting my system update, which is taking awhile since everyone is doing it I bet.

Steam Steam lol.
I guess I won't be getting Revo at all, then.  My NES never needed an update.  Neither did my SNES.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 07:15:58 pm »

Uopdats r eveel

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 07:34:21 pm »

Maybe it's downloading "Content?" シゲルダンスパーティー!!!
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 08:08:28 pm »

Maybe it's downloading "Content?" シゲルダンスパーティー!!!

The download is for the wiishop thing, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be optional.

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 11:30:47 pm »

Finally got to play a Wii yesterday. Man, I'm hooked. Definitely going to pick one up around christmas time. Wii Sports is so damn cool. So was Red Steel... my coordination hasn't been put to the test like that in a looong time.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 04:37:51 am »

ha, yea, it was downloading the wiiconnect24 and wii shop stuff, my mistake.

Anywho I've put in a lot of time in Zelda now and I am extremely impressed. It's so damn good and so polished its so far one of the most amazing game experiences of my life. It took about 20 minutes to get used to the sword play, because at first I always wanted to smash a button to swing it. Then later you 'learn' how to smack your shield at the enemy by thrusting the nunchuck forward. very very awesome. oh, and you don't have to make big movements either, just lightly shake the controllers and its all good.

I worried that the pointer cursor would be really shaky on screen, but instead its very smooth and very accurate. I can't wait to see what kind of unique games come out in the future

Sanjuro

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 05:03:01 am »

I hate everyone of you who has a Wii now. Argh, I need money...
Been waiting to buy that since I saw the first teaser trailer of the new Legend of Zelda game. I bet that's the game that reeled in a lot of folks. With good reason, since it's one of the best franchises around, not to mention one of the most recognizable gaming icons in the history of gaming...
(Yup, big time Zelda-fan. Does it show?)
I wanted Red Steel too, but I heard it was "meh" game. Like it was alright, but not as good as it could've been. Controls being too wonky or something, I dunno. But there's bound to be better games for it later on. Rayman looks awesome and Sonic does too. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 05:15:22 am »

The Wii is selling out fast, good luck finding one this holiday season ;)

KevinJohn3D

• Agent
  • KevinJohn3D has no influence.
    • Kevin John's portfolio
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 11:45:55 pm »

Okay, I'm one of the few, the proud, the crazy who waited 6 hours on Saturday. Got my Wii, and I'm glad I did.

Now I'm looking to upgrade my 32" 4:3 SDTV to something that can run the native 480p widescreen that Zelda looks oh so good in. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking all over for a 30"+ widescreen tube EDTV. All I've been finding are plasma (too expensive and burn in problems) and HDTVs (more than I need or want to pay for). I know they've been made in the past, just finding one today is proving impossible. Maybe we Wii owners can demand they start making them again....
"I'd rather drive rusty railroad spikes through my eyes than have to sit through one more computer generated family film about talking animals."
Ty Burr  - Boston Globe movie critic

Hybriz

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 12:43:22 am »

I'm about to buy a Wii after christmas. Paycheck today 24/11... but have to buy christmas presents and all kind of stuff :(
the Wii release is on 6or8/12 here in sweden... so i'm not really in a rush...
hopefully they will have gotten a new shipment after christmas :)

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 04:24:58 am »

I like thinking of you as a floating, talking billiard ball, KevinJohn3D. I like it a lot.

My brothers roommate has a wii. I haven't heard a single person who's tried it knock it, yet.

KevinJohn3D

• Agent
  • KevinJohn3D has no influence.
    • Kevin John's portfolio
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 04:55:39 am »

I like thinking of you as a floating, talking billiard ball, KevinJohn3D. I like it a lot.
:D Sadly, my real world persona is neither hovering nor spherical nor orange for that matter. But I'm glad you like it. In my 3ds max model, he's got legs and arms but it was easier to make him hovering for the pic.
"I'd rather drive rusty railroad spikes through my eyes than have to sit through one more computer generated family film about talking animals."
Ty Burr  - Boston Globe movie critic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up