GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 10:05:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn you Microsoft  (Read 22649 times)

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
Damn you Microsoft
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:50:56 am »

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118662363769092549-rzvX5I5krFTML7QqeGfA5gI1BJ8_20070907.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top
Get yourself a halo toy with every kids meal purchase.

Kids don't need masterchief toys, why the hell would an 8 year old kid be playing the game anyway?

Alright, because their parents suck ass, but it doesn't mean Microsoft should be marketing M rated material to minors. This is bullshit and I hope they die for it.

I'm all for the world recognizing video games as a form of art, like movies, books, and songs, but marketing your product as if it was a childrens movie is just outrageous.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:10:09 am by oboe »

MetalLizard

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MetalLizard has no influence.
    • Janus-Syndicate
Re: Damn you Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:05:31 am »

Holy shit, Halo 3 is rated Mature? The last time I played halo, which I think was the first one, it seemed like a teen game at best. The aliens made stupid funny noises, there was very little gore. It just seemed like a cartoony, action-based fps. What the hell could they possibly have put in Halo 3 to make it an M rating? Then again Perfect Dark was rated M... for... basically no reason at all.

Seriously, Weclock. Do you really care if some 9 year old plays Halo 3? How about we think about more important issues for now, like making sure children get a meal to eat first, and not at Burger King. Hell, I think fast food and obesity is a bigger problem for kids, than say Halo 3 toys.  ;)
This is America. A land founded by slave owners obsessed with liberty.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:26:43 am »

Heh, you hope they die for putting a halo picture on a cup of soda? Hypocritical much? Maybe there is some truth about the effect of violent games on unstable people after all. 

Heh, I realise you are baiting us with these topics, but they are so ridiculous I can't help myself. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:47:44 am »

ZOMG MASTER CHIEF TOYS WORLD IS ENDINGZORZ!

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:47:44 pm »

7-11 and burger king, lol

fonfa

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fonfa has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:49 pm »

but isn't halo a kid game anyway?
[01:22 PM] fourtecks: YOU NEED ME HARD

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:46:09 pm »

Halo is rated M for mature. You're supposed to be 17 years old or older to purchase the game. They're treating it like it was a kids movie. And I'm not baiting anyone, I really feel this way.
They're miserable sacks of shit. 8 year old kids don't need to know who master chief is.
They've extended their whoring of Halo into banks now.
http://news.filefront.com/hi-im-master-chief-and-i-want-to-talk-to-you-about-your-finances/
When will it end? This is just retarded.

Lággy

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 05:07:38 pm »

Oh god, it's becoming a corporate fad!

MetalLizard

• Secret Agent
  • MetalLizard has no influence.
    • Janus-Syndicate
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 09:27:17 pm »

Halo is becoming the new Pokemon. I can't wait for the Halo 3 trading card game. Also, Halo 3 pogs with a golden master chief slammer.
This is America. A land founded by slave owners obsessed with liberty.

kant.think.str8

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • kant.think.str8 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 03:29:56 am »

Halo is becoming the new Pokemon. I can't wait for the Halo 3 trading card game. Also, Halo 3 pogs with a golden master chief slammer.

Give it time...

People will start to realize how repetitive it is and give up on it... Just like Pokemon.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 06:27:49 am »

I want a master chief stuffed animal toy so i can give it to my 4 year old cousin to sleep with.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 06:39:34 am »

It wouldn't really be a stuffed "animal" then, would it :P
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 07:10:28 am »

Master chief creates much carnage.  He is an animal.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »

Master chief is rated E for everyone,

Honestly halo is a great game but its nothing to have this big of an ad campaign for, the people who think halo is the best game ever drive me crazy sure its a great game but its not good enough to be obsessed over
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 11:25:59 pm »

Halo is rated M for mature. You're supposed to be 17 years old or older to purchase the game. They're treating it like it was a kids movie. And I'm not baiting anyone, I really feel this way.
They're miserable sacks of shit. 8 year old kids don't need to know who master chief is.
They've extended their whoring of Halo into banks now.
http://news.filefront.com/hi-im-master-chief-and-i-want-to-talk-to-you-about-your-finances/
When will it end? This is just retarded.

The ESRB is overzealous with their ratings. Gaming is a sensitive industry, so a lot of the ratings are bullshit. Halo is a e-T game. There is little blood. A child wouldn't mind. Children play with action figures, and that has fighting. If Halo was a movie, it would be rated PG 13. A T rated game that is rated just for violence won't really affect kids. I played GTA at 11, and I barely curse, and am very nonviolent. I also happened to have good parents. That is what makes kids turn out good. Not overprotective, conservative parenting, good parenting.

It's as if suddenly, when people have kids, they shift to a more authoritarian point of view. They are so afraid of their kids being messed up, they adopt odd morals. Halo is marginally more violent than Metroid anyway. I know you're trying your best to raise your kids, but halo is not bad as long as you leave out xbox live. I could have played when I was 6-8, and not have thought anything. It wouldn't change me. I see games like GTA being bad for children, but not Halo or Half Life.

As for the market whoring, that's just capitalism. Not that bad actually, I don't see how a drink having HALO on the box makes a difference.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up