GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:10:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG]Kill message in Gun Game  (Read 2440 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
[BUG]Kill message in Gun Game
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:51 pm »

Hi there,

I just ran into something odd and although I did a quick search of the forums I'm not sure if this bug has already been reported. If so, please feel free to delete or merge this thread.

Like the title says I was playing Gun Game on a Wnx server, joining late in the round.
First thing I got was a Magnum when spawning and a score of 13 or something, which I found rather odd, but I guess you're given a weapon another player carries when joining this late.
Anyway I made it to the Klobb when I faced someone with grenades, throwing them all around, I scored several hits when he just ran away into an explosion of his own grenade (jumped right into it). Then I saw a message stating I had killed him with a grenade, my level didn't increase though and I kept the Klobb.

Can someone reproduce this or has someone an idea why this is happening?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG]Kill message in Gun Game
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:45:03 pm »

There may be a possibility that you shot his grenade causing it to detonate. Or possibly you shot an explosive barrel that caused his grenade to detonate.

If either of these is the case then it's a bug, not that you got credit for the kill, but that you didn't increase your level from the kill.

Always screenshot when something weird happens.  :P Just so we can get a better idea of what may or may not have happened, or if you were maybe imagining it all.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:08:05 pm »

Gun Game is deprecated with the release of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

In general, if your attack detonates an explosive, the explosive's damage will be credited to you.  However, the weapon type will be explosive, not the weapon you hold.  If the old script filters by damage source (I can't be arsed to check on obsolete code) then it may reject the explosive kill since it does not match a weapon you carry.

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:39:32 pm »

Yeah explosives had some oddities in gungame, one of the reasons why mines are not in it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up