GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:34:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ARCHIVES BUG] Duck-Jump with Certain Areas  (Read 5041 times)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
[ARCHIVES BUG] Duck-Jump with Certain Areas
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:08:53 am »

I wouldn't call this a bug, per se. Following the rules.

With the disabling of the duck-jump, areas like the attic from these boxes are impossible to get to.

Course, that could be the only case. If so, the map would just need adjustment.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:47:09 pm by killermonkey »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [BUG] Duck-Jump with Certain Areas
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:44:02 am »

With this "fix", I guess you'll have to take the stairs.

But, is it me or you jump higher on this version? Perhaps you are not jumping on the right moment. Jumping over railings on previous versions required you to crouch-jump; now, you don't have to in most of them (others are still impossible).

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:34:45 pm »

You must have missed the change log PPK in which is says the jump height was increased to allow you to mount railings and crates. The map will have to conform to our standards, this map needs a shit ton of work anyway *COUGH*PLAYER CLIPPING*COUGH*

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:52:31 pm »

You must have missed the change log PPK in which is says the jump height was increased to allow you to mount railings and crates.

Apparently I missed it. It was strange the first time I played Beta 3.1. It seemed like it had low gravity.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:30 pm »

You must have missed the change log PPK in which is says the jump height was increased to allow you to mount railings and crates. The map will have to conform to our standards, this map needs a shit ton of work anyway *COUGH*PLAYER CLIPPING*COUGH*

I have some excellent cough medicine if you'd like km?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 03:04:16 am »

if he doesnt want it, send it my way

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:34:09 am »

if he doesnt want it, send it my way

Robotrippinnn

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: [ARCHIVES BUG] Duck-Jump with Certain Areas
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 03:55:24 pm »

sounds like a nasty hangover O_o

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 05:03:50 pm »

Ah, that's a better thread title. ::)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 01:07:01 am »

Could you take less random jabs at my work?
I don't understand your criticism at all, I've playerclipped a ton of areas, what did I miss?

I'll fix the bug in the op.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:46 am »

HAHA, randomness is the name of the game. I haven't run around in the latest dev release so disregard my comments if you have uploaded a new version.

However, for reference, running down the halls from the office area to the actual stacks area is rough and you catch a lot. The room with the fallen book shelves is terrible to get around in, and the attic gets a little catchy too near the slopped ceiling

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:14 am »

Necrobump
Thank you, that's a lot more helpful. I've been fixing up the whole map lately, I'll look over this list.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:57:15 pm »

alot of your debris models need to be flagged *debris*

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 11:14:31 pm »

And this one too
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2875.msg30219.html#msg30219

Necrobump
Thank you, that's a lot more helpful. I've been fixing up the whole map lately, I'll look over this list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up