GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:40:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1138 and MultiplayerX Restrospect  (Read 10410 times)

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.
1138 and MultiplayerX Restrospect
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:09:36 am »

I have been doing some heavy thinking and decided to explain why I do things the way I do. Now that I've had a chance to think things through I felt it was necessary to set the record straight about how I do things, create content, port maps, etc.

Honestly it was never my intention to get so deep into making maps and even starting a server at all. When 005 suggested to mess with hammer to make a dam island map that is where it all started. I may not understand why some people are so deeply moved to irritation because I don't follow the crowd, etc; I have been thinking that I can appreciate people even reserve that right to not like or be turned off by how another person does those things.

So in retrospect you can consider this an APOLOGY to the dev team, game testers, community, etc for anything said in or out of context that came off offensive, rude, or disrespectful. I will make a solid effort to stay open to suggestions however like I've expressed before it can be difficult to find time to fix things or optimize them. What I can do is offer to share project files, etc. I will do what I can when life or time allows it.

Sincerest regards and developmental ambitions,
MultiplayerX

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: 1138 and MultiplayerX Restrospect
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 06:27:23 pm »

I'm sorry to say that an apology is not going to fix anything.  You continue to make the same mistakes with your maps, servers and spam people on chat about your new content.  There are people here that have tried to help you, you don't listen, and it just pisses us off.  After all these years, you still don't understand that the content that you make is poor.  I honestly think you want to help the community, it's the best you can do, but everyone else is just irritated because deep down, it sucks.  So, you either need to get better or just stop.  Now, if you're serious about improving things, this is what you need to do.

1.  Go back and read all the suggestions that people have made to you on this board.  Do what they say because they're right.

2.  Stop blaming people for things that you need to improve on.  (Uncompressed server maps, materials, ect).

3.  Start working with people that are better than you at hammer.  Do everything in your power to learn as much as you can.

4.  Streamline your work into one thread or steam group.  You could even do events as a way to get people to try your new content.  Stop spamming us on chat!

It's going to be a long road, but you can recover from this.  We are here to help you; but the change starts with you.

Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
  • Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 01:02:00 am »

I am going to slow down on releasing content both in map ports and my own content. I understand what you're saying though. I can't change how certain groups in our community feel, but I can respect their right to have their own opinions and feelings.

I will make a vow to optimize content more. Map size will be difficult when it's maps from other engines though. I do wish everyone the best no matter how I might react or become angry at something I disagree with. I will work on that as well. I've never been one to judge or hold grudges so for what it's worth... I sincerely wish everyone well.

Multi

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 02:42:03 pm »

Thanks for turning around so quickly and posting elsewhere that your apology was insincere.

V/r,

"GOD"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 02:48:18 pm by soupcan »

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 06:54:35 am »

Word?  My apology is sincere but I'm not playing psychological head games either. You are you, I am me. I have nothing bad to say about anyone. I don't know you and none of you know me. I can't judge or condemn you because I don't know you.

Now, you have judged me and psycho analyzed everything I say and do and use it to try and convince others I'm a bad person or whatever but I won't do that. I have better things to do with my time than to try and win over someone's respect over TRIVIAL things. I really don't understand your point but OKAY. Believe what you want about me. There are 50 other people that will disagree with you so if you make this a personal vendetta or flame war that is all on you.

I'm not kissing anyone's ass if that's the kind of apology you are looking for. lol  I haven't done anything morally or ethically wrong to you as a person so why are you attacking my personality and beliefs?   :O

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 01:52:10 pm »

Ultimately I don't care about you or whether you respect me/us. As E-S said we're simply apathetic. But that doesn't stop us from noticing the irony when you make an "apology" here (it's debatable whether the way it's written is even an apology) and then go somewhere else and join the "rebellion" against us "GODS".

Nowhere did I attack you or your beliefs; I am attacking your actions.

I am aware there is a small section of the community that doesn't like the development team. That's fine; they'll do their thing and we'll do ours. They don't bother us that way. I think it's about time you did the same.

It's obvious by this point that you're going to make content of questionable quality, we're going to call you out for it and then you're going to make excuses for the 50th time. After long enough you're probably going to make another apology thread. Rinse, repeat.

Do us both a favor and forget about the forums.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 02:01:43 pm by soupcan »

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 11:51:31 pm »

Okay. I will just drop the whole thing. We definitely have complete different perceptions on what respect means but I can sense this is a no win situation on my end so I will take a bow off the debate stage.  ::)   8)

Regardless, all of you take care just the same.  Multi

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 04:21:43 am »

We definitely have complete different perceptions on what respect means

Yes

If your interpretation of respect is in the right then I would hope we would see behaviour in accordance with that, like respecting other people's work or property and not stealing maps and content from other games with absolutely no knowledge or consent from their authors.

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 01:16:36 am »

Mangley...   ;D    The meme made me laugh. Very good points TAKEN sir.  8)

I'm going to start FRESH and remove bad maps from the server that aren't working correctly. I'm also going to start being more patient and open to improving things and taking suggestions on how to do so.

Pages: [1]   Go Up