GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:49:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 Translations needed  (Read 44914 times)

WNx Coil

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNx Coil has no influence.
Re: Beta 4 Translations needed
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2010, 03:35:17 pm »

it's ok i'm back. So, where can I find the original text about the characters presentation ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2010, 05:21:29 pm »

I need the character descriptions to be translated.
And an other part of the game : when you just enter a server you have a page on your screen, just before to chose your character, in which it's writtent : game mod, weapon set, etc etc etc. The texts are still in english and were not on the wiki. Can you send me the links ? I'll translate it when i'll be back.

The character files are not part of the translatable data, yet. Next release will feature a new character setup to accomodate more characters, etc. etc.

Long story short, you cannot translate the character files in the traditional manner. You are more than welcome to take the files from gesource/scripts/characters/*.txt and translate those for your own use and distribution. We do not endorse this though.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:24 pm »

There is a possible way, and that is making a duplicate of those files in gesource_*your language*, then doing the edit. That might work for now.

Oh, and for the GE:S Team... You guys forgot to edit the options of the Radar position, in the cfg/user_default.scr. I will also be doing today some fixes to the Spanish translation for the intro movie window.

WNx Coil

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNx Coil has no influence.
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2011, 01:04:22 am »

Mmh translations don't work :/
I went to the gesource/resource and the gesource_french file was missing. So I copy the lines of this page :
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Gesource_french

and put the file i called gesource_french in the resource folder. It still doesn't work...
and this is wat I have in the console :

Ignoring non-unicode close caption file c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\resource\gesource_french.txt
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (r_VehicleViewDampen)
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "resource/mp3player_french.txt".

What is missing exactly ?

(it doesn't matter if my game is in english lol but more and more frenchies are coming on the game, so.... ;) )

EDIT :
Ok I did the same thing for the mp3player_french file (which was missing too)

this is what i have now in the console :

Ignoring non-unicode close caption file c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\resource\gesource_french.txt
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (r_VehicleViewDampen)
Ignoring non-unicode close caption file c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\resource\mp3player_french.txt

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:14:13 am by WNx Coil »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:04 am »

You have to save the file as unicode encoding. The easiest way to do that is to open the english one, select all (Ctrl + A) then paste the french file into that. Then SAVE AS gesource_french.txt

I have no idea why the french translation didn't make it in the release. This disturbs me :(
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up