GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 01:03:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion  (Read 56322 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 12:29:57 pm »

5. It's unfortunate that "For England, James" is already being used. (Course, it could change.)
That would be great for the achievement of shooting/kicking x amount of people off the bottom of the cradle. (While also standing on it, if possible.)

That would probably be a more adequate take on the achievement, given what happened in the film.

The purpose of LTK got ruined the moment people started playing with weapons other than pistols, knives and explosives, in my opinion. Granted that it is much easier to score kill related achievements in LTK but you shouldn't even be playing with automatics in there. Again, it's my opinion regarding LTK gameplay. That's how I played in the N64.

Anyway, here goes another idea for an achievement:
Arousal - as Xenia, kill X scientists and/or Natalya in the Bunker map, in the main control room.
If you recall the film, you'll understand this one.

engineer

• Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • engineer has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:36 pm »

Or "Contradiction of Morals: Get Most Honorable AND Most Dishonorable in a round."

I've had that happen before, actually.
Quote from: basstronix
If sounds had taste, those explosions would taste like bacon.  I love it.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

Or "Contradiction of Morals: Get Most Honorable AND Most Dishonorable in a round."

I've had that happen before, actually.

It happens quite often because the awards are calculated based on different parameters. It's a nice touch to get an achievement related.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 02:30:24 am »

I don't if you want me to post this in this topic, but I didn't get I AM INVINCIBLE when I should have. There was no identity glitch this time and I played the entire round (I had played a round before this one so I know this for sure) yet I get Most Deadly and Longest Innings as well as the scoreboard saying Boris, but no achievement. I checked and I don't have it. Do you know what could've went wrong? This is the third time I've been ripped off by this achievement and it's really irritating me. >_<

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 02:31:12 am »

has to be at least 4 ppl in the whole match

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 02:34:05 am »

There was 6 people when the round ended and more before that.

Though I guess I could never know for sure... I'll keep that piece of info in mind. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:49:43 am by Storm101 »

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 06:48:41 am »

I'm really gonna have to agree with the statement Beatles is trying to make regarding the achievements and LTK. LTK needs it's own separate set of achievements. You can have one like "Kill Boris 100 times with the sniper rifle". Just have different achievement categories for each game mode. It's not as if they are hard to make (I'm assuming) and aren't too difficult to think up either. It's apparent that some people find it annoying and since it takes little effort to implement I don't see why it shouldn't be done this way.

It's an amazing game regardless. In the end they're just achievements, but why not perfect it if you can?
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59:58 am »

I will not support disabling achievements for certain game modes, that is illogical. First of all, its your choice to play LTK, why should we punish people for playing their favorite game mode by denying them achievements?
I am not miethered either way.
Quake live does not record stats for instagib becuase its too easy, so it does happen.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:01:29 am by keefy »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 03:40:24 pm »

It would be extremely cumbersome to have multiple "sets" of achievements, especially to be able to wade through them all since Valve hasn't released the updated code for the achievement viewer window to support ingame HUD status and grouping achievements (like medic, pyro, etc.)

I am going to play around with reducing the kill "counts" for LTK. If you get 4 kills in LTK it counts as 1 DM kill. I think that's fair enough, considering it does take SOME skill to get kills in LTK!

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »

I could live with four kills adding up to one DM kill, although it still takes away from it because every gun acts the same in LTK. I see separate gun achievements as having separate skill levels involved. Like it's going to take me a while to get that klobb achievement on DM but I'm past Secret agent with the RCP90. In LTK it wouldn't matter, klobb or RCP90 would act the same and It would take the same amount of effort. It's not just the quickness of the kill that's an issue but the level of difficulty in using a particular weapon to gain that kill.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2009, 05:13:51 pm »

Those weapons you mentioned act the same at point blank range in LTK; when the distance increases, the RCP90 is far superior.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2009, 05:36:43 pm »

This is true but there are only a few maps that allow a long range gunfight. Even so, you could probably get  kills from acrossed cradle with a klobb pretty easy seeing as how it only takes one bullet. Yes, the individual weapons still require some sort of different skill to use in LTK, that difference is just far too small and since most maps are close combat it doesn't even matter. An automatic weapon is likely to kill you as quickly as any other automatic weapon, even a klobb, in LTK mode.

I can do with the 4 to 1 kills fix, it's not a horrible idea, I just believe that specific weapon skill should be payed attention to. Hell, you could make it 6 klobb kills equals 1 normal kill and 2 RCP90 kills equals one normal kill. SOMETHING to differentiate between the skill it takes to use a particular weapon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:05:35 pm by Nozzy06 »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 05:41:37 pm »

Exactly. The Klobb is as deadly as the RCP90 (never thought I'd say this) in LTK if it is conveniently used. Even the shotgun is effective at long range in LTK.

I agree with the scaling of the achievements in LTK. 4 to 1 is a good ratio, since you rack up much more kills in that game mode than in other game modes in the same amount of time.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 08:05:53 pm »

I'm content with the 4:1 ratio. Seeing people on servers with 60+ kills makes me think that would be better on everyone.

EDIT - I thought of the X amount of kills for the cougar.

Cougar Madness
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:48:44 am by Ruone Delacroix »
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 09:02:30 pm »

Cougar Madness... That's an adequate name since it's a maniac weapon.

Perhaps an achievement similar to Rasputin from TF2 could be made, where you would have to be shot, stabbed, slapped, bludgeoned and blown up all in the same life without dying. As for the name, I ask the community to come up with one.

Another achievement that could involve Trevelyan, the "MI6 version", that consisted in being shot in the head (by a DD44) and surviving. It could go like this:

Turning Point - as 006, get shot in the head by a DD44 Dostovei and survive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up