GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:26:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: v4.2 Translations  (Read 73743 times)

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: v4.2 Translations
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:56 pm »

I'm not even sure who did it last time, but in know i tried something with a font editing program somewhen.
*Raises the hand*.

I'll need a full list of Polish-needed accents and characters. If you wan't me to do something like a full reshape, such as cyrillic, it's best to find something else, if it's just adding accents, I'll be able to do so.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 12:20:56 am »

ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż
 Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ś Ź Ż

I might be missing some..

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:42 am »

it would be hilarious to see a Klingon Translation....joking ofcourse :)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 10:52:55 am »

^^Not if it's for a star trek game.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 09:03:21 pm »

Here's release 2 of the European fonts.
Updates:
 - Changed the way the original EFIGS accents are used, the fonts should have less KB.
 - Added Polish accent support. And other characters that used the current accents. Please tell me if something's missing or wrong (Probably the German B's).

Test them througly so there's no characters missing. Thank you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7tqapkiz389b8j7

Filipianosol

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Filipianosol has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 10:30:25 pm »

Here's release 2 of the European fonts.
Updates:
 - Changed the way the original EFIGS accents are used, the fonts should have less KB.
 - Added Polish accent support. And other characters that used the current accents. Please tell me if something's missing or wrong (Probably the German B's).

Test them througly so there's no characters missing. Thank you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7tqapkiz389b8j7
Uh... I've put the fonts in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\resource and it's still the same, though when looking at the ttfs Adventure Subtitles seems to miss the letter ą.

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »

Uh... I've put the fonts in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\resource and it's still the same, though when looking at the ttfs Adventure Subtitles seems to miss the letter ą.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p7pvy3oyotpml4q
Fixed that missing letter, added Unicode support to two of the fonts.

It is important that you know that you can't directly paste these fonts onto the folder. You have to remove the " - Euro" part and replace the originals.

Filipianosol

• Agent
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 11:08:47 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p7pvy3oyotpml4q
Fixed that missing letter, added Unicode support to two of the fonts.

It is important that you know that you can't directly paste these fonts onto the folder. You have to remove the " - Euro" part and replace the originals.
I did remove the  " - Euro"  part and replace all the files.

Edit: Here's some screenshots of what I'm getting after replacing the files, it's worth to notice the strange ź or ł:
http://i.imgur.com/UiSQx.jpg http://i.imgur.com/pGwv3.jpg

Trebuchet MS works, but the Polish letters look strange in it, not sure if fixable...

Edit2: Some things seem to work (it's like this without the files too), like the menus and achievements, but the rest isn't working, like the scoreboard and identity select, also, more screens:
http://i.imgur.com/AsTdQ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/j5soM.jpg http://i.imgur.com/I3TrI.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tN25l.jpg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:18:00 am by Filipianosol »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 02:20:35 am »

In order to see all the goods in these fonts you will have to modify the ClientScheme.res, TeamMenuScheme.res, and SourceScheme.res in the resource folder. Go through the files and look for where it says:

"range"      "0x0000 0x007F"   //   Basic Latin

DELETE THIS LINE WHEREVER IT OCCURS

Then the font will render past character 128
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:30:44 am by killermonkey »

Filipianosol

• Agent
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 02:23:34 am »

In order to see all the goods in these fonts you will have to modify the ClientScheme.res and SourceScheme.res in the resource folder. Go through the files and look for where it says:

"range"      "0x0000 0x007F"   //   Basic Latin

DELETE THIS LINE

Then the font will render past character 128
Got it but will it be included in 4.2? I got friends to play with from Poland.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:32:44 am by Filipianosol »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:00 am »

Yes, I am editing the 4.2 files now....

Filipianosol

• Agent
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 02:50:53 am »

killermonkey, the line doesn't exist in SourceScheme.res (at least in 4.1), though it exists in TeamMenuScheme... and even when deleted it still didn't work...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 03:17:01 am »

ClientScheme.res?

This is where all the In-Game VGUI elements pull their font definitions.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 08:20:09 am »

I'll test this later for the German version. g2g to grandmas 80th birthday in a few minutes.

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

Trebuchet MS works, but the Polish letters look strange in it, not sure if fixable...
What's "Strange"? Trebuchet MS is a standard Windows font. If it's wrong, it can be fixed.

EDIT: Hope you don't mind if I remind of some graphics with text embedded that could have a little "de-graphic". Like, "OHMSS PROFILE" (VGUI/charselect/folder), "OMHSS: AFTER ACTION REPORT" (VGUI/roundreport/background_FFA and background_team).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:11:37 am by VGF »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up