GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:32:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 116993 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
[Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

As beta 3 went into feature lock almost a month ago and its pending release, the question now turns to beta 4.

Basically if you were a Dev working and developing the mod what features are a must for the next release. You can list anything you want from characters, maps, game types, and other features. The team is interested what you want from this game so our release can live up to all your expectations. We are trying to make sure this next release lives up to the true GE64 experience we all had on the 64.

What do you want to see in beta 4?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:35:59 pm by Mark [lodle] »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »

The rest of the weapons.
Optimized maps.
More Easter Eggs.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:13 pm »

Well, I'll reply here since the other one is already locked. Thanks!

The intro is a nice touch and of course many people (including me) will skip it most of the times, just like they did in GE007 and like they did or do in other games that have good intro movies, but sometimes you just may feel like watching it and there it will be, for you to enjoy it.

Another thing that has already been mentioned (dunno in which thread) is the amount of playable characters. We could do like Rare did with GE007 and make characters that resemble the developers and even some community members! It would be locked and you'd only get access to them if you completed a predefined number of achievements; the unlocking could be progressive: first the community members and then the devs. :D Perhaps the amount of work it takes to do this wouldn't justify it for BETA 4 and it could stay for the final release, but the last decision is up to the devs, of course.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:11:03 pm by PPK »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:52:49 pm »

I was going to move your post over but it would appear before mine due to the date and would look strange. :P

Intro movies are ok as long as there is only one and you can skip them.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:15:13 pm »

Yes, intro movies should always be possible to skip (didn't I convey that idea; if I didn't, I apologize).

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »

Launch options in source..  -novid

k thx bye
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:30:47 pm »

Pop-a-Cap? Not sure if that's in B3 or not.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 06:39:54 pm »

I would love to see more of the single player maps being used. Levels like the Statue, Train, and the Depot.

And the rest of the weapons, perhaps driveable tanks so my "Tanked!" achievement could be made :D (unless it's already happened)
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:01:19 pm »

Launch options in source..  -novid

O RLY?

YA RLY.

kthx.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:52 pm »

The characters as developers used to be fought over internally, who was going to be which, it was pretty cool. That data got lost in both the invisionfree forum loss of 06, and the smf forum loss of 07.

Right now it's safe to say we just want all the "regular" characters in before we can adress the fun stuff, the bonus characters.

the intro vid was a good idea but the way it was implemented wasnt. We will look at that for B4, ways to use them again, i know i personally liked the sentiment of the nickster tribute one.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 07:19:58 pm »

quick serv options in game base without dedicated server

Zant

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 07:26:34 pm »

Maybe we could interact with more things..

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »

Optimized maps.

They are super optimized, your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs for OB!

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 07:36:33 pm »

Set a standard for items.
-If you have glass, it should break like the stuff in Control or Library (Looks at Cradle)
-If an item is able to explode, it should in every level (Looks at the gas generators & Monitors)

And I think there should be some random explosive barrels in some of the levels to compensate for the lack of exploding tables and other objects.

They are super optimized, your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs for OB!
I know, I plan to get a job soon to buy a new one, but Archives is the worst for me.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »

-Trevelyan!
-Bunker and/or Silo to be released
-A better main menu (more GE themed, like I said in the last topic)
-Natalya
-A snowy or nighttime version of Cradle. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up