GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:05:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Forced Mouse acceleration  (Read 10284 times)

Death

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Death has no influence.
Forced Mouse acceleration
« on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:30 am »

Can you please remove the forced mouse acceleration, ruins the experience.

Mouse filter disabled, m_customaccel 0, m_mousefilter 1, m_mousespeed seems to be hidden, tried rinput still forced.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Forced Mouse acceleration
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 07:35:00 am »

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Using that and disabling mouse filtering in the game options removes mouse accel completely

Death

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »

you failed to read my damn post.... or understand it.

i played cevo-main in counter-strike source and have previous development experience with the source engine,
i have disabled mouse acceleration in every way possible, the developers have written a custom mouse wrapper that
is forced and it forced mouse acceleration enabled.

omg that post.... holy misinformed fuckery, that post only mattered for games that forced mouse enhancement on,
that only existed for OLD games... VERY old games, hell even cs 1.6 it no longer mattered, old old games like doom, quake,
ect use to have mouse enhancement re-enabled during gameplay.

that post is irrelevant, and doubly so by the fact that a forced raw input mouse wrapper via rinput dont fix it means its built into
the forced mouse wrapper for the game, most likely within the code that changes how sensitive the mouse is via aiming 'enabled'(shift/rmouse)
or not.

please don't pass around misinformation with that post. jesus.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:29:32 pm by Death »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 04:47:09 pm »

Warning number one. You will be banned if yu continue to act like your post above. Totally unnecessary.

For your information, there is no custom mouse wrapper coded into this mod. You can check yourself, our code is public.

Death

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 05:47:52 pm »

Warning number one. You will be banned if yu continue to act like your post above. Totally unnecessary.

For your information, there is no custom mouse wrapper coded into this mod. You can check yourself, our code is public.

My post is a response to a waste of time comment, no need to be ban happy, sorry if i hurt your feelings on the internet, i explained why it was not relevant.

ill take a look at the code. if m_filter 0, m_mousespeed 1, m_customaccel 0, and using a custom wrapper rinput still causing mouse acceleration
then there has to be a custom wrapper.

also why is m_rawinput a hidden command, it should be exposed.

EDIT: after reading the source you guys ABSOLUTELY override the mouse input.

in both clientmode_ge.cpp and  clientmode_shared you guys pull the mouse input on a engine level to override it, i didn't investigate what overrides are forced ect
but 100% you have a custom mouse wrapper that is causing mouse acceleration.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:11:23 pm by Death »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 08:06:36 pm »

That code is to implement breath effect. Has nothing to do with mouse acceleration.

Death

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 08:44:06 pm »

That code is to implement breath effect. Has nothing to do with mouse acceleration.

in one quick search in the source files i can see that function being called more than 50 times.
somewhere there you guys are ruining the mouse input.

open the game, set mouse filter off, m_customaccel 0, m_filter 0, m_mousespeed 1
and look at a wall, move your mouse from the far left of your mouse pad to the far right,

then go back to the same spot you started, and do it fast, you will see you can turn almost double the
distance while going fast.

its on, and its forced, and for a engine that has such a good mouse feel for all other games its unfortunate that
some kind of mouse filter / acceleration is forced.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »

I did just that and I could not replicate your issue.

I am running the game in Linux using Wine, so there is no outside influence going on with "windows" or whatever. It's pure game movement from mouse to screen and it was spot on.

Here is what my budget panel looks like:

http://imgur.com/a/GwMBK
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:28:17 pm by killermonkey »

Death

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 10:29:32 pm »

I did just that and I could not replicate your issue.

I am running the game in Linux using Wine, so there is no outside influence going on with "windows" or whatever. It's pure game movement from mouse to screen and it was spot on.

Well i can open 2 other source based games with the same settings as mentioned previous and the accel don't exist.

i noticed you guys have another depot with 2013 base, is that a move that is planned in the not too distant future? maybe it will be fixed on the newer version of the engine that properly supports raw input.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:52 pm »

The SDK 2013 supports multi core rendering and possibly raw input. They did a bunch of stuff to the backend, which might be why you are experiencing different results when comparing to other games.

SDK 2013 is a hot mess though.... which is why we didn't transition for v5.0

xorken

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xorken has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 05:40:06 pm »

I have to agree that there's definitely some serious mouse acceleration going on in this game. Made it unplayable for me. And that's to bad since I feel like this could be an really awesome game!

PLEASE fix the acceleration. A lot more people are experiencing this issue and possibly stops playing the game because of this..

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 06:03:36 pm »

I've never had mouse acceleration in this game and I even doubt the engine version supports it.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

Never had any mouse acceleration for my part either. This is a really strange case, I must admit.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:30:09 pm by namajnaG »

xorken

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xorken has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:04:01 pm »

I'm sorry to say that you guys claiming you ain't having mouse acceleration, just haven't played CS:GO or other highly competitive FPS shooters enough..

In game, stand still and focus your crosshair on something. Then move your mouse SLOWLY from one end of your mousepad, to the other and take note on where the crosshair now stopped.

Then line up your crosshair on the first spot again, only this time, move your mouse over the mousepad at full speed. VOILA, you've now moved at least twice as much..

WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS, PLEASE DEVELOPERS!

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 08:41:21 pm »

I'm sorry to say that you guys claiming you ain't having mouse acceleration, just haven't played CS:GO or other highly competitive FPS shooters enough..

Sorry, had to do it.

There's no raw input, I'll give you that, so the mouse movement may be laggy if your FPS varies a lot while playing, but I don't feel mouse acceleration at all.
I use 0,9 sensitivity and 1000 DPI if that's of any use.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:43:59 pm by Graslu »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up