GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:36:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I am doing something wrong Linux Server  (Read 10690 times)

mattmartinolc

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mattmartinolc has no influence.
I think I am doing something wrong Linux Server
« on: September 12, 2021, 02:21:09 pm »

Hi there. I used to run a GEserver on a linux cloud compute instance years ago and it was a lot of fun. I started playing again recently and thought I might try again

Been using the install guide here - https://wiki.geshl2.com/goldeneye/server_install_linux

And I keep destroying instances and re-spinning new servers and trying again to see if I missed something. I cannot seem to get the server to launch after doing all the steps exactly.

Basically what is happening is I get to the part where I am finally putting in the command to start the server "sudo systemctl start geserver" and nothing happens. It gives no errors but also does nothing...

I am certain I have done all the steps correctly

mattmartinolc

• Agent
Re: I think I am doing something wrong Linux Server
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 04:20:41 pm »

OK so the server is running. But it's just not getting listed on the master server list on find servers because it's not VAC secured. How do I achieve this?

mattmartinolc

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 06:47:07 pm »

OK so I downloaded a config file from discord and put it in the gameserver directory on the linux server and it now pops up as VAC-secured. rcon password is working and I can send commands through game console to the server now.

The only thing left I am having issue with is setting the default game mode when the server starts up (right now I have to pass a command in rcon after the server is running) and I cannot seem to get metamod/sourcemod working yet.

mattmartinolc

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 12:25:09 am »

Got help in the discord channels. Everything working now including the map vote popping up. Only thing left now is to set up the part where players can call votes with !rtv !votemode etc in the chats
Pages: [1]   Go Up