GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 03:33:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serious Discussion on Game Types  (Read 34748 times)

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
Re: Serious Discussion on Game Types
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2017, 03:10:01 am »

Friday night, 11 p.m. EST - prime time.

These are the populated server options (see image)...

Case in point...

dieglhix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • dieglhix has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2018, 08:55:00 pm »

How's been the players growth in the last 5 years and 3 years? Are we at peak? How's being the trend? Where can I see these statistics?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2018, 10:04:59 pm »

The team doesn't collect these statistics (the best we have are download numbers, but I think that's just a total number and not the trend over time).

The game is averaging lower player numbers ATM since it's been a while since the last big update. When 5.0 came out we had hundreds of people playing concurrently, then that declined over time until we got where we are now.

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2018, 04:23:46 am »

The 5.0 release bump was pretty awesome for a few months... there were many populated servers at all times. Since then it's settled into a few interconnected communities that enjoy different game types, but there are probably 100-200 regulars that play at least weekly, with a couple dozen on most every afternoon, night, and late night at any given time.

One note on my above post about Arsenal, which was 7 months ago... arsenal/team arsenal are still the dominate game types, but those of us who enjoy DM, TDM, and other game modes have started to see an uptick in other game type servers active more frequently, usually getting a nice 10-12 server going without much trouble most nights. Quite a few people deserve credit for that (Graslu, Shemp, and others) because they have been constantly promoting the game, streaming, recruiting new players, and spending hours getting servers going and populated.

There aren't thousands of people playing but it's a got a pretty tight little community with some new players trickling in often.

dieglhix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • dieglhix has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2018, 08:00:39 pm »

The 5.0 release bump was pretty awesome for a few months... there were many populated servers at all times. Since then it's settled into a few interconnected communities that enjoy different game types, but there are probably 100-200 regulars that play at least weekly, with a couple dozen on most every afternoon, night, and late night at any given time.

One note on my above post about Arsenal, which was 7 months ago... arsenal/team arsenal are still the dominate game types, but those of us who enjoy DM, TDM, and other game modes have started to see an uptick in other game type servers active more frequently, usually getting a nice 10-12 server going without much trouble most nights. Quite a few people deserve credit for that (Graslu, Shemp, and others) because they have been constantly promoting the game, streaming, recruiting new players, and spending hours getting servers going and populated.

There aren't thousands of people playing but it's a got a pretty tight little community with some new players trickling in often.

I have a guilty confession I know you guys don't like

I like Arsenal and TA the most (TMWGG too).

I just love Slapping and level-stealing. It's the game mode that give me the most laughs.

CptLima

• Secret Agent
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2018, 11:16:23 pm »

You're not alone. There's a reason there's always an arsenal server going; it can be fun and it has a strong following. But I do hate how it crowds out the other gametypes or draws new players away from them.

Same thing happened to Medal of Honor:Allied Assault when the community went from tens of thousands down to a few hundred... the only servers left active were heavily modded/custom servers, so the people who enjoyed the game as-is or could have kept it alive longer had nowhere to go, and left because there wasn't anything there for them.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 03:49:01 am »

Same thing happened to Medal of Honor:Allied Assault when the community went from tens of thousands down to a few hundred... the only servers left active were heavily modded/custom servers, so the people who enjoyed the game as-is or could have kept it alive longer had nowhere to go, and left because there wasn't anything there for them.

MoH AA is one of the many games that has suffered the same fate as many others unfortunately. I used to be a hardcore Call of Duty 2 and WolfET player until it suffered the same fate. It's a shame really, but it seems to be the natural order of things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up