GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:07:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cradle Spawn Points  (Read 8426 times)

Rant

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rant has no influence.
The Cradle Spawn Points
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:54:36 pm »

Could you please add spawn points to all the outer platforms in The Cradle map? There used to be spawn points out there, now those areas are virtually useless. I used to like playing sniper arena and being born on the outer platforms, now it's not possible.

Thanks!!

Rant

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: The Cradle Spawn Points
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »

I believe that was scrapped due to the high camp percentage.
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:04:16 pm »

Mostly because spawning there would be a death sentence most of times.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »

As Graslu said, spawning in a tower and then having to travel across the long catwalk to the rest of the map was more or less guaranteed to get you killed.  So if you wanted to play in the middle of the map and not just sit around trying to shoot people from the side, you were out of luck.

Of course the sniping is still something the map is known for, so we figured it was best to keep that part of the map accessible but remove all the spawns from it.  Sniping from the towers is actually much more effective than it once was, because people aren't constantly expecting to be shot from there.  You have to put in some effort into actually getting to a tower now, but that's part of the fun!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:32 pm »

I've noticed this, too - I like playing fighting my way out to a tower, hope someone doesn't see me sneaking down the catwalk, and then opening up on the central area with whatever sniper or other weapon I have.

If you just randomly spawned out there, though, it'd be a death sentence to try and move off the platform and get into the rest of the level if you weren't interested in sniping or didn't have that kind of weapon... it's best set up as it currently is for that reason alone.

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:46:08 pm »

Well, for me, I prefer using some points of the cradle that's only accessible by parkouring, like behind one of the three antennae poles. >.>
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up