GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:31:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I made a TWR Dam Agent :53 Speedrun  (Read 11628 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
I made a TWR Dam Agent :53 Speedrun
« on: October 24, 2017, 07:35:55 am »

So I've been using Graslu's Tutorial on how to play the N64 game on PC, and after achieving :56 before, and then :54, I finally made it to :53, which is the Tied World Record for the Console players of The-Elite.net site. Graslu had posted his own speedruns of the 1st levels of GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark, both 1 second away from the WR's of the Console speedruns, so I decided to challenge it on GE.

I've never tried speedrunning a game, but I've looked at the speedrun videos countless times over the years. I didn't get serious about it until this past week, in between school studies.

This is mostly to test how it looks in upscaled 2K resolution on YouTube, as well as actually trying to achieve a WR time. I'm proud of the way it looks. The tutorials and technical settings are in the video description. What do you guys think?

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: I made a TWR Dam Agent :53 Speedrun
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »

Most impressive
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:07 pm »

Wow this was really cool you are a new record holder!!!   ;D
I enjoyed doing this kind of thing on the ✔ Agent level was very good..
in the "facility" in ✔ 00 Agent was sacred to do this speedrun because of the recompence in the cheat menu   :)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:45:42 pm by De¢rÂ¥pter1990 »
“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:44:07 pm »

Very nice! Video looks really sharp, too.

Everyone reading this that isn't familiar with The-Elite should bear in mind, though, that WR times on an emulator are much less difficult to get than on the console due to lag and other issues, which is why Eliters don't count emulators; there are many emulator/TAS times that blow away even the most refined console WR's because you can react and do things on a PC that just don't work with the N64's original hardware.

That said - you could even go for a 52 (or similar cool time that's impossible/almost impossible on console) if you keep at it; as I'm sure you found out while just trying to get :53, it still takes a lot of practice and repetition regardless, even emulated!

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:59:54 am »

Very nice! Video looks really sharp, too.

Everyone reading this that isn't familiar with The-Elite should bear in mind, though, that WR times on an emulator are much less difficult to get than on the console due to lag and other issues, which is why Eliters don't count emulators; there are many emulator/TAS times that blow away even the most refined console WR's because you can react and do things on a PC that just don't work with the N64's original hardware.

That said - you could even go for a 52 (or similar cool time that's impossible/almost impossible on console) if you keep at it; as I'm sure you found out while just trying to get :53, it still takes a lot of practice and repetition regardless, even emulated!

This guy blows anyone I've seen out of the water:

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 11:24:39 pm »

A few improvements over the run you posted: He got a really good boost at about the :32 second mark; makes a world of difference, probably picked up close to half a second right there considering the reduced lag. Normally getting shot forward is 1/3 of a second on console. Tough to get boosts like that on Agent, very RNG, but the more the better. Also was on a perfect line, and hit the lock shot without really losing strafe boost; I think you ran straight at it so you might have changed strafes and lost some speed. He also did a look up most of the time; on N64 that saves frames due to less loading, not sure how that impacts on an emulator though.

If you can't tell I'm an Eliter lol...

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam Account
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 07:30:52 am »

A few improvements over the run you posted: He got a really good boost at about the :32 second mark; makes a world of difference, probably picked up close to half a second right there considering the reduced lag. Normally getting shot forward is 1/3 of a second on console. Tough to get boosts like that on Agent, very RNG, but the more the better. Also was on a perfect line, and hit the lock shot without really losing strafe boost; I think you ran straight at it so you might have changed strafes and lost some speed. He also did a look up most of the time; on N64 that saves frames due to less loading, not sure how that impacts on an emulator though.

If you can't tell I'm an Eliter lol...

Hey man, I understand. The guy is amazing though!

CptLima

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:26:49 am »

In case you haven't seen it... Karl Jobst just broke the :53 barrier and got the first :52 after 15 years of trying!

Pages: [1]   Go Up