GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 02:16:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to view the gameplay on my server?  (Read 8164 times)

papel

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • papel has no influence.
How to view the gameplay on my server?
« on: October 20, 2017, 03:25:04 pm »

Hello,
I would like to know which command or event shows the current game mode on my server. For example, the ge_gameplay command sets the current gameplay mode. I need to know if there is a command that displays or if any event records this information to display on the external server.

Thank you all.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: How to view the gameplay on my server?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »

Can you not just get the current value of ge_gameplay?

If you're trying to get this info from another server, you can get it over the Source query protocol: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Master_Server_Query_Protocol

A quick search shows there's already PHP, Python, etc implementations of this protocol.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:09:29 pm by soupcan »

PapaFox

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PapaFox has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 06:31:10 pm »

What if I need to know the current mode of the game for a plugin, how could I do it?
To explain better:
To know the current map use only "GetCurrentMap ()". Is there any way to do this to get the "GamePlay" (LTK, Arsenal ...).

Translated by Google Translate

papel

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:25:52 am »

Can you not just get the current value of ge_gameplay?

If you're trying to get this info from another server, you can get it over the Source query protocol: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Master_Server_Query_Protocol

A quick search shows there's already PHP, Python, etc implementations of this protocol.

soupcan, thanks for the help, friend!
As papapox said, we need the name of the event that shows the current gameplay. Our idea is to export this information to a web page where other players will be aware of what is happening in the game. We could not do this using the ge_gameplay command.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 05:24:27 pm »

The best way to do that is over the Source query protocol. There's multiple implementations, including in PHP, which is what I'd assume the web application would be written in.

I'll send E-S this post since he'd know if there's a way to get that info from plugins, but a plugin for this is overkill if all you really need is info on the current state of the server. Depending on your needs, you might also be interested in HLX:CE.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 06:52:38 pm »

Gamemodes actually write their identity to a base HL2 field so they show up in the server browser under "game".  If I recall correctly, this is the GameDescription, so just call this function and you should get what you're after:

https://sm.alliedmods.net/api/index.php?fastload=show&id=101&

Let me know if that doesn't work for whatever reason, and I'll dive into the code to figure out what you need to do.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

PapaFox

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PapaFox has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 08:56:25 pm »

It is! Thank you. We did what we wanted.
If you want to check the result look at the link (http://acquestoes.com/foxStatistics/) - still in development, but with information in real time.
Once again, thank you!

Translated by Google Translate

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 03:21:49 am »

Looking pretty cool!  I can't wait to see the finished product.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

papel

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 10:05:29 pm »

Entropy-Soldier, without your help we would not be able to. Thanks for everything. I hope someday you can join our server and play.

soupcan, thank you too. We know HLX: CE but from the beginning Papafox and I tried to do something more appropriate for GES, with points for gameplay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up