GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:33:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Reloaded maps  (Read 11189 times)

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
GoldenEye: Reloaded maps
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:19:01 pm »

While I know good and well that this game is about the original n64 game, I know that there were at least a couple multiplayer maps from GoldenEye 007: Reloaded that I definitely think would be fun to see someone take a run at making and incorporating with GoldenEye: Source. Some of the best candidates would be Jungle, sewer and industrial since we already have most of the others in their original and reimagined versions. Just a thought for those of you talented enough to do what I most certainly can't :-)

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: GoldenEye: Reloaded maps
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:17:36 pm »

It's kind of a good idea. However I already know that Jungle is out of the picture: the devs said that a jungle-themed map on this engine will overuse it, lag hard 'n' all. Don't know about the others though.
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:08:37 am »

I wouldn't consider maps like Jungle or Surface to be out of the question, they just need to figure out how to handle it properly. The custom Surface map looks really good, but isn't as open as the original. Same goes for Train. It's possible if it's done in a way that works. I'm sure the devs wouldn't want to leave anything out due to technicalities, it just needs a bit of brainstorming to make it work.

As for the Reloaded maps, well, for lack of a better discription, they're kind of bland, really, and I don't think they'd work as well being built for a different gameplay type and all. They can absolutely be made as custom maps, if anyone wants to try their hand at it. Not up to me, though, but it's an interesting idea.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:55:49 am »

Jungle is feasible, it just has a great deal more hurdles to overcome than most other maps.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up