GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:24:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source - Status Report: May  (Read 122209 times)

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
Re: GoldenEye: Source - Status Report: May
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 09:38:16 am »

Another awesome sounding track man, can't wait to actually hear them all in game haha  :P

Ahh thanks heaps! I had a-lot of fun with Archives ;)

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 12:53:15 pm »

Citadel and Temple:  excellent in all aspects!

Tweaklab is a genius of music!

16 players.. Technically good ... But it would be better to reach 18.. 9=Janus 9=MI6

Everyone will make their mark on the history of GE:$   lol
“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 05:14:10 pm »

Can't wait to see the new Temple,the new Soundtrack is pretty great as well.

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 04:22:28 am »

I'm totally gonna be That Guy,

It's coming up on two months now. Any status update on 5.1 as of lately? I know beautiful art takes time but definitely looking forward to seeing this new release!

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »

5 months out now and the itch is tremendous! Any kind of an update! Even just some words about where things are at right now. Please! :-)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 06:48:11 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  We all love you guys so no pressure.  I haven't played in awhile but updates always bring the vets back so a Halloween surprise would be sweeeet!

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:38 pm »

Words

Trolling aside,  we are always working away.  Sometime we just have a phase where there are no visual improvements to show off.  So silence is more common than us just saying "E-S changed 200 lines of code"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:04:59 pm by Enzo.Matrix »
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 04:49:08 pm »

Understood. Definitely appreciate the beautiful work you all do for and on this mod. Can't wait for the next release!

A Moist towelette

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • A Moist towelette has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 01:03:46 am »

Please remove Arsenal from the game. It is ruining the entire experience.

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Spry has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 01:32:49 am »

I like arsenal. Not all the time, but outright removing it is a mistake.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:44 pm »

If you remove Arsenal, then we'll just have LTK 24/7 servers.  The main problem is we don't have veteran server owners.  We have newbies that have created an environment where they prefer to create "fun mode" servers than standard game play.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

A Moist towelette

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • A Moist towelette has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 10:28:28 pm »

If you remove Arsenal, then we'll just have LTK 24/7 servers.

Excellent.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »

The main problem is we don't have veteran server owners.

Our server is still up, but the community shifted to Arsenal / LTK due to obvious reasons, aside of abusing max players at release.

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 12:15:55 am »

Really, same thing happens to a lot of older games - active servers get whittled down to a few "custom" ones, even though the 'good' ones are still alive, but the custom ones with players in them are often the ones that wreck the balance, add in silly features, stick to one game mod like arsenal, etc.

It's up to the players that DON'T enjoy that to sort of figure out a regular time when enough can log on and start up one of the "good," traditional servers and get it active... and stick to it. Not an easy thing to do at all... but I have seen it done.

I'll give you an example... in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead, which is now like 16 years old, there's only 2-3 active servers left that always have people in them. And they're all AWFUL - modded weapons, extra guns, insane gravity, stupid stuff that wrecks the game and is nothing like the original that was so much fun. But they're the active ones...

However, there's still some "traditional" servers that get the old-school, classic gamers and people who used to do tournaments and stuff (rifles only, TDM, etc.) - but you have to know what time they're active. There's one server I like to play in that's literally only active from 1:30 to 4:30 a.m. EST every day, which sucks for me because I can rarely play, but every time I do hop in there, it's the same group of 9-10 players who have found that "niche" of a classic server.

How do we do that in GE:Source with the current player population? I don't know... maybe it starts here on the forums? Figure out who likes certain game types, then have regular times that a bunch of people who like those games types log on? Pick a couple of servers, and everyone knows THOSE are the servers to go to on say, Friday night after 8 p.m., and once we get in a routine, you can always bet on knowing when/where to go to find a non-arsenal/non-LTK game?

No easy answer to this problem... but it's not unique to this mod, that's for sure.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 07:25:50 am »

We usually play every weekend on my server by saying it on my Discord a few minutes or hours before, normally gets the server full for a while. It's also easy to get a match going if you say it randomly any time of the day usually, same when I'm stremaing it gets full.

So at least for us there's no issue on playing real modes as we simply call a few people to start up a game, the issue is that the rest of the community won't shift towards it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up