Editing and Customization > General Discussion

Stack area intact above basement version from 4.2

<< < (2/2)

Jonathon [SSL]:
Yes, it's sad I never finished Stack, but luckily Lunchador did a phenomenal job with the Basement rework.

My Basement/Stack were much closer to beta 1.x quality (because I could never wrap my head around making decent props) and didn't feel appropriate to be shipping alongside the hyper-slick other maps Luchador was working on.

CptLima:
My favorite thing about the 5.0 Basement is how closely it mirrors the classic version in terms of layout and what the "purpose" of each room is imagined to be, compared to the blank classic one.

At first when I started playing 5.0 I kept getting lost, but then it hit me that the layout was the same as the classic one, which helped a lot.

Love the details like the closed grates leading up to where Stacks would be, the safe that opens, shattering glass panels around door frames, etc., too.

SuperFlyMenace:

--- Quote from: Jonathon [SSL] on May 14, 2017, 06:54:28 am ---Yes, it's sad I never finished Stack, but luckily Lunchador did a phenomenal job with the Basement rework.

My Basement/Stack were much closer to beta 1.x quality (because I could never wrap my head around making decent props) and didn't feel appropriate to be shipping alongside the hyper-slick other maps Luchador was working on.

--- End quote ---
I gotta tell you, Jonathon [SSL], I do like Luchadors version of Basement in the way certain areas are expanded but I still prefer the visual aesthetics of yours. Perfection would be an amalgamation of both versions, stack included of course!

Enzo.Matrix:
It was rough. These are the tough choices of level design.  I have favorite parts of both.

We actually had a third version..  I like where the 3rd was going, it made it actually feel like a library.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version