GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:46:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing blood and gibs on startup for Paintball mode  (Read 6246 times)

HAL_9000

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HAL_9000 has no influence.
Removing blood and gibs on startup for Paintball mode
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:23:27 pm »

Hi, I'm pretty new to Goldeneye Source (but not Goldeneye) and I was wondering, how can I remove the blood and gibs from the game on startup for paintball mode? I know the commands to remove them when I'm in game, but no matter what startup commands I enter into steam, I always end up having to put in the commands manually.

Thanks for your help,
HAL

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: Removing blood and gibs on startup for Paintball mode
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 10:49:57 pm »

I can't say I've ever needed to do this specific thing before, but if you add the commands you use to the bottom of this file:

%STEAMDIR%\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\cfg\listenserver.cfg

you should get the result you're looking for.

This is a text file that can be edited in any text editor, including notepad, and %STEAMDIR% is your steam directory, typically some variation of "C:\Program Files\Steam".

If that doesn't work for online servers, make a file called "autoexec.cfg" in the same directory and add the commands to that.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

HAL_9000

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HAL_9000 has no influence.
Re: Removing blood and gibs on startup for Paintball mode
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:24:33 am »

That seemed to have worked. Thanks pal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up