GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:49:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: N64 hit sound files & Gameover  (Read 7317 times)

XGII

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.
N64 hit sound files & Gameover
« on: December 29, 2016, 07:33:29 pm »

-[T]ur0k-

These are edited sound wav files in the  Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player folder to add original n64 hit gasps to the game to further add to the nostalgic appeal of Goldeneye Source and to easily determine if you are hitting head shots or not. The hit sounds to me are very annoying and are super drastic in impact sounds that I can hardly tell the difference if I'm hitting a headshot or a body shot since the hit sounds aren't all that different from one another. So this will help you finally determine what and where you are hitting while adding that Nostalgia from the 64 days when you shot enemies in the campaign and your friends in multiplayer ;D.

I have more files as well where some of the guns sound like weapons from perfect dark and music for the game from Perfect Dark, Timepsplitters, Goldeneye 64, and remixes of both Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark 64. But for right now will only be adding files for the player hit sounds and the gameover.mp3 file of the game.

in order to use these files once downloaded all you need to do is go inside the the folder and copy all the wav/mp3 files and paste them into Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player folder. I have also added a folder for the original sounds in case you do something wrong or do not like any of the files I have included.

This little change did so much for me. I've been editing files of Goldeneye lately to try and make the game more nostalgic to play and add variety. These wav and gameover files did it for me and made a huge difference. Since the games hit detection is purposely the way it is in order to balance the game where you can shoot someone in the head 3 times in a row and finally the 4th shot actually connects and is registered. These little changes seem to not only make it not as noticeable and feel like you are connecting a lot more. It also adds the sounds to players like from the 64.

The game has become far more interesting. Kinda like in Quake Live for me hit detection and sounds enemies make helps me determine on if I should be aggressive or not and how much damage I am inflicting upon them. The sounds in Quake are also more noticeable and distinguishable on where and how much. And these files will further add to that knowledge on if you should engage or retreat.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nduy1z545j0kn,9p0aqepb3hsa4,tg7mbs435jp3u,3bojpi0fcxp00,p5961m4tes4ym,0jgmg9lm80pgp/shared

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9p0aqepb3hsa4/n64_headshot_only_hit

-[T]ur0k-
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:30:06 pm by XGII »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: N64 hit sound files & Gameover
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:59:02 am »

Finally got round to trying this... Really good, makes a nice change :)

XGII

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:51:25 pm »

Thank you very much. I did stumble upon the legal notice thread and am unsure if this violates it or not. Personally I do not see why but how would I know anyways.

I will probably upload my other files soon to. The AR33 & KF7 sound like the K7 Avenger from Perfect Dark which is one of my Favorite weapons from the game and makes using both weapons more enjoyable to use for me. PP7 sounds like the Falcon II, Cougar sounds like the DY357, and so far finally the ZMG & D5K sound like the CMP150.  I love goldeneye but I also love Perfect Dark and Timesplitters. I have many hours in all of them so they all hold some special value for me. I love the remakes of music Goldeneye Source have done. I really do but a lot of the 64 music is more action packed along with perfect dark and timesplitters. But the music is also rather short, which I have found Goldeneye & Perfect Dark Extended and Timesplitters music From every game but only certain selected songs.

But again like the above sentence if somehow I did something wrong I am currently finding other ways in editing the hit sounds to possibly sound different. Which has added a new direction for me because a lot of movies like Star wars and so on have their own pain sounds like how Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Timesplitters, and so many other games and movies have. I am a retro gamer at heart and one game that has stuck with me over the years in unique funny pain sounds is Blood a game by Monolith on the Build Engine from the late 90's that hardly anyone even knows about.

The game has so many pain sounds and so on that I can still provide something where you can tell the difference easily on hit detection while still having the original hit impact sound goldeneye source team provides and possibly giving players a reason to venture off and maybe even experience the game of Blood and the many other amazing titles Monolith has provided over the years like No One Lives Forever, Tron 2.0, FEAR, etc.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account

XGII

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:10:45 am »

Aye mate I have this already. I actually have the cougar to soud like a dy357 and the ar33 and kf7 sounds like the k7 avenger. Pp7 falcon II. Etc. There are also files inside the materials models v_weapons where you can change some of the skins of the weapons. Like the cougar is black with white grips same goes for the dd44. Kf7 is a watermelon color and my klobb is gold.

I will be uploading my sounds files for these weapons and my wip custom music from Goldeneye 64, Perfect Dark 64, and timesplitters and some remixes of all. Including the Remember song from the recent goldeneye with Daniel Craig in the Nightclub
Pages: [1]   Go Up