GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:52:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Map] Quake - E1M7: The House of Chthon  (Read 15224 times)

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
[Map] Quake - E1M7: The House of Chthon
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:11 pm »

E1M7: The House of Chthon
A recreation from Quake

Happy 2017 everyone! I figured there was no better way to bring in the new year than with a dark, eerie Quake map. Anyone familiar with Quake will probably recognize this map, where you fought the first boss of the game, Chthon. The small scale of the map combined with the dangers of a lava pool also made for some frantic online matches against other players. It was was always a personal favorite map of mine from Quake, so I thought I'd recreate it for GE:S!

the map is scaled 1:1 from the original, using the original geometry as a reference, but using textures and assets from GE:S. Weapon placement is mostly faithful to the original, with some minor tweaks to help with the overall balance. It also includes 2 of the original tracks from the Quake soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails, as well as some of the original in-game sound effects.

One notable change is the functionality of the electric pylons:

pictured: Chthon having a bad day

Originally used to defeat the boss, their functionality served no real use in GE:S. They've been modified, and can now fire independent of each other, opening the possibility of electrifying some poor sap who's walking along the side catwalks.

This is quite a small-scale map, so there are a few things to be aware of:
  • optimal player count is between 2-4 players, maybe 6 at most. It does have 12 player spawn points, but anything above 6 players is untested and likely to be a nightmare.
  • Team play modes such as CTF or Living Daylights are supported, but probably not ideal.
  • Bots are not supported due to the layout of the map. They would simply get stuck and not be able to use the elevator. Sorry, bot users.

If you experience any issues or bugs let me know and I'll iron them out. Other than that, Hope you guys enjoy!

Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Map] Quake - E1M7: The House of Chthon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:13 am »

Woohoo! I wasn't sure whether you we're going to release this one or not :>

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »

Cool :) good work Torn

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:47:55 pm »

Glad to see this released! Great work as always, Torn ;)
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

fleet84

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • fleet84 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 03:59:30 am »

where is the res file?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Although it would be more efficient for the mapper to make it, the norm is that the server owners do it themselves.

For your convenience I put together an (untested) res file. link
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:23:31 am by soupcan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up