GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:09:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XGII's Custom Content  (Read 9939 times)

XGII

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.XGII is looked down upon.
XGII's Custom Content
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:01:48 am »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxXpzusH4YFCX1J5aFpRZW5zUzA?usp=sharing

Sounds to all the guns with perfect dark weapons, slaps, hits, etc.
New Death
New end round music

Installation is inside the read me provided titled sounds but I will post just in case right below.

1: Goto \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource
2: Make a backup copy of your sound folder AKA Sound_backup
3: Extract the custom_sound.zip file from my google drive
4: Drag and drop that new sound folder into \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource
5: It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound

***NEW SOUNDS INCLUDE***
Perfect Dark sounds for all the weapons
Star Wars fire sound for the Moonraker - Courtsey GorillaGlue
New death sound from super mario bros - Courtsey GorillaGlue
New end round sound
Hit sounds for more easily distinguishable headshots
New Kill sound from Perfect Dark
New gasp sounds as Joanna Dark
New slap sounds for when you miss and hit your slaps

*[IN DEPTH INSTALLATION]*

*****NEVER CUT THE FILES OR DELETE THEM. ALWAYS COPY AND OVERWRITE******
If you want to change your player sound files. All folders including the original are inside the.
Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player\ ..
Folders where they are simple copy and overwrites
In case you want to try out different player death or hit sounds with mario being - GorillaGlues custom gameover

If you want the n64 sounds from Goldeneye 64 for your weapons over the Perfect Dark sounds they
are all inside the.
Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons
Titled as "Original" for example: Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\ar33
Will have a folder called Original where the n64 goldeneye gun sounds are located as copy and overwrites.
Same goes for the Perfect Dark folder where my custom weapon sounds are and currently set as default.
1: Go inside "ar33" (the main folder) the click inside the folder "Original"
2: Select all the files then "Right Click"
3: Select "Copy"
4: Go back into the main ar33 folder where all the files currently used are.
5: "Right Click" then select "paste"
6: Confirm the "Replace files in destination"
7: Finish! now your weapons will sound like the nostalgic goldeneye 64 sounds courtsey of Graslu00
You can use those and or my perfect dark sound located inside the "Perfect Dark" folder.
*****NEVER CUT THE FILES OR DELETE THEM. ALWAYS COPY AND OVERWRITE******
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:42:57 pm by Torn »

XGII

• Agent
Re: JUST PERFECT DARK SOUNDS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 03:58:07 am »

null

• Agent
  • null is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »

Could you .7zip these or use a different host so they are actually in a package download?  Each file has to be downloaded individually :(

Thanks for your contribution Turok!

XGII

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:09:19 pm »

You shouldn't have to download every file individually. All you should have to do is right click and download it at once. since it's uploaded as a zip already

XGII

• Agent
Custom Goldenye Source Music Playlist
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:40:27 pm »

Goldeneye Source Playlist made through youtube since it was easier. consists of Perfect Dark 64, Goldeneye 64, and Timesplitters Series

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-4I9fWOBIzS0hcgq5T8XTwWPfPKXM-Cf

http://youtube-playlist-randomizer.valami.info/

This^^^ Link helps shuffle all the songs from my playlist or even yours and will play your youtube playlist with zero ads. I have over 500 videos in one of my playlists and Youtube only allows 200 to be played at a time and has ads. Link above is a good way to enjoy songs like my custom music with zero interruptions.

XGII

• Agent
GorillaGlue's Custom Sounds for Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:21:12 am »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxXpzusH4YFCQ1JSc1Y3clJUcGs/view?usp=sharing

These^^^ are GorillaGlue's custom sound files for Goldeneye Source. Directions are in the readme files provided. But I will paste them down below
New sounds include

*Custom RCP90.wav files
*Custom ZMG.wav files
*Custom Playerkillother.wav <--- Duke Nukem Kills
*Custom PlayerDeath.wav <--- Street Fighter Death
*Custom Gasp1,2, & 3.wav files

[README_GorillaGlue_Sounds]

All CREATIONS ARE MADE AND OWNED BY ***GorillaGlue***

****INSTALLATION**** [PLAYER]
1. Make a backup of your player sounds folder AKA player_backup or "Original" in
    Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\Player

2. Extract the zip file GorillaGlue has provided and place the new folder inside
    Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\Player

3. It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\Player\Gorilla_sounds

4. Once that is done simply copy the wav files in the folders provided and paste them inside the
    main player folder ... it should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player
     overwrite the files and now you have GorillaGlue's Cutom player sounds

****NEW SOUNDS INCLUDE****   
New gasp1.wav (Custom) <---- Gorilla_gasps Folder [Only copy the gasp1.wav not the Gorilla_gasp.wavs those are backups]

New gasp2.wav (Custom) <---- Gorilla_gasps Folder [Only copy the gasp2.wav not the Gorilla_gasp.wavs those are backups]

New gasp3.wav (Custom) <---- Gorilla_gasps Folder [Only copy the gasp3.wav not the Gorilla_gasp.wavs those are backups]

New playerdeath.wav (Street Fighter) <---- Gorilla_playerdeath Folder [Only copy the playerdeath.wav not the Gorilla_playerdeath.wav that is just a backup]

New playerkillother.wav (Duke Nukem) <---- Gorilla_playerkillother Folder [Only copy the playerkillother.wav not the Gorilla_playerkillother.wav that is just a backup]
******ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES AND NEVER CUT OR DELETE FILES******

****INSTALLATION**** [WEAPON RCP90]

1. Make sure you back up your original files of the rcp90 with a folder called rcp90_backup or "Original"
    copy and paste all the wav files from Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\rcp90
     and place all of them inside the backup folder we just created
It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\rcp90\rcp90_backup or "Original"

3. Extract the zip file GorillaGlue has provided and place the new folder inside
    Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\rcp90

4. It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\weapons\rcp90\Gorilla_rcp90

5. Once that is done simply copy all of Gorilla's new rcp90 wav files and place them inside the main
    folder it should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\rcp90
     overwrite the files and now you have GorillaGlue's Cutom rcp90 sounds
******ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES AND NEVER CUT OR DELETE FILES******

****INSTALLATION**** [WEAPON ZMG]

1. Make sure you back up your original files of the zmg with a folder called zmg_backup or "Original"
    copy and paste all the wav files from Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\zmg
     and place all of them inside the backup folder we just created
It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\zmg\zmg_backup or "Original"

3. Extract the zip file GorillaGlue has provided and place the new folder inside
    Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\zmg

4. It should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\weapons\rcp90\Gorilla_zmg

5. Once that is done simply copy all of Gorilla's new rcp90 wav files and place them inside the main
    folder it should read like this Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\weapons\zmg
     overwrite the files and now you have GorillaGlue's Cutom zmg sounds

All CREATIONS ARE MADE AND OWNED BY ***GorillaGlue***

[README_ORIGINAL_backups]

******A SAFE WITHIN A SAFE******

All Creations and property rights are owned by ***GorillaGlue***

Due to the Possibility of messing up the files and or losing your original files.
I have provided them just in case you forget to backup or mess something up by accident.

The Original zmg.wav files are within the Gorilla_zmg\Original\Original_zmg <--- all wavs should be in here

The Original rcp90.wav files are within the Gorilla_rcp90\Original\Original_rcp90 <--- all wavs should be in here

The Original player sounds are in the Folder "Original" where I have
*Original_playerdeath
*Original_gasp
*Original_playerkillother

This^^^ is where you will find the wav files directing towards each wav inside the
 \Gesource\sound\player folder.

All Creations and property rights are owned by ***GorillaGlue***

XGII

• Agent
Goldeneye Source N64 Hitsounds in Different Forms
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 02:35:54 am »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxXpzusH4YFCeFoxY1NEUDJJSUE?usp=sharing

Updated player hit sounds to be more accessible through my google drive with easy installation and variety of folders for personal preference
  The README is in the zip provided but I will post it down below...

****INSTALLATION VARIETY HIT SOUNDS****
1. The location for playerhit sound wav files is in Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player

2. Just Extract the hitsound.zip file and put it inside the sound\player folder it should read like this
    Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound\player\hitsounds

3. I have provided many different folders so you can easily change the wav files to your personal preference
    I am currently using playerhit_justheadimpact which means all the n64 sounds the soldiers make are still there
     But in order to easily distinguish the headshot only the impact of that is enabled. Leaving the body impacts disabled.

4. I have also provided the original hit sounds in case you forget to back up your player folder in gesource\sound\player

5. All of the files are in their proper name so in order to easily switch between the folders of variety just open a folder
    you want to try, copy all the files and place them inside gesource\sound\player folder. Overwriting the files already in place.
******NEVER CUT OR DELETE FILES! ALWAYS COPY AND OVERWRITE!******

Again I have provided the original wav files inside the folder called Original_playhit so in case you mess something up the original files
 are still there same goes for if you don't like any of the folder I've provided.

XGII

• Agent
Little trick in only hearing headshots for easy distinction
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 10:19:56 am »

****AUDIO/HEARING EASY DISTINCTION****

Since this is the Just head hit impact with voice and the rest of the bodies parts muted.
 All you need to do is find these files inside the "player" folder and rename or move to  a mute folder you create

playerhit_disable.wav
playerhitother_disable.wav
playerhitotherinvul_disable.wav
playerhitotherlimb_disable.wav

player folder is inside Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\sound .... double click player to go inside the folder.
 scroll to the bottom and you will see the wav files like up above but without the _disable part.
  simply rename them to this if you want to make the whole body muted and only the head make a hit impact and sound.

Since the game reads this file ----> playerhitother.wav ... Renaming it to playerhitother_disable.wav for example will simply just disable the file because
 Goldeneye Source wont read it.

The reason in doing this is that Goldeneye Source already suffers from poor hit detection. Where you will see the bullet and the hit
 You literally shot someone in the body or head a couple times and not one shot was registered meanwhile that someone is mowing you down with
  A RCP90. Doing this will kinda help ease that since the hit sounds are no longer there including the voices. You will only ever hear a hit impact
   & a voice sound giving you a much more distinct detection in deciding your enemies health. By just the headshots giving you an idea on how much damage you are dealing.

Leave playerhitotherhead.wav alone and just rename the files like from up above^^^. Just a nice little way and adds more variety in deciding
 what you prefer to hear which is the overall goal for this. Since no extracting/.zip is required. This will just be a new post. But if you are
  using my custom sounds the process is still the same..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:49:54 pm by XGII »

null

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:01:11 am »

my bad, i didn't realize i could just right click and download. that worked.

null

• Agent
Re: Custom Goldenye Source Music Playlist
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 10:11:53 am »

Awesome playlist bro. thanks!

XGII

• Agent
Re: Custom Goldenye Source Music Playlist
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 11:21:59 am »

thats what turok is here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up