Editing and Customization > General Discussion

(Gametype) The Spy Who Loved Me

<< < (2/3) > >>

null:
Some challenges i see see for this:

-it takes awhile for all players to join the server after a new map load, so the waiting time can be longer. 
-How to handle the "protected" from leaving the server or going spec? Should the game end, or auto select a new player?
-All i think is needed in the code is a Random Player Selector function and then check that players id for every kill/death then end the round if its the "protected".

JohnRDVSMarston:
Hm... What if the Protected title was passed over  MI6 teammates?

An MI6 player receive the title ("protected" for 60||90 seconds, I'm not sure), but that's only showable for the MI6 team.

Janus players, if shooting the protected, the player which shoot is alerted on who is the protected (like a glow that doesn't pass through all walls, only thin ones – looking at you, fake walls from Complex).

If the Protected's dead, Janus wins. If no one died with the title, MI6 wins.

CptLima:
This is essentially a team variation of the "Pop A Cap" game mode from Perfect Dark, right?

"'Pop a Cap' involves one player being selected at random as the victim. For the victim to score points, they must remain alive for as long as possible. Everyone else must kill the victim to score points."

JohnRDVSMarston:
Kinda, but using teams for the "victim" to have someone to help him.

Waluigi-Brain-Squeegee:
This seems like it could be a fun game mode if it's able to be figured out on how to work it, I would definitely play this mode if it existed. I think the whole armor issue should work like man with the golden gun, whereas the person who is the "protected" can pick up armor once, but like when the person with the golden gun picks it up something stops them from picking up any more armor. As for the "protected" being able to pick up weapons, I think they should have some way of being able to defend themselves, even if that's just giving them a knife or throwing knives, they should have at least some way to defend themselves if all other teammates have been killed and they're in a situation where they need to fight back for a moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version