GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 17, 2018, 03:25:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?  (Read 1465 times)

Phivex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Phivex has no influence.
How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:26:11 AM »

So I've gone through the game modes and integrated all the stat collection I want except for the current map. There's no intuitive way to obtain it. No variables, functions, event hooks, CVARs, nothing I can find anywhere in the code. Am I missing something? Is it not passed to Python?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:18:53 AM by Phivex »

Phivex

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Phivex has no influence.
Re: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »

So I found out about the console commands "maps *" and "changelevel". When you use the "changelevel" command, text pops up saying the cvar "nextlevel" is being set to a new map name and the match restarts accordingly. I tried doing a GEUtil.GetCVarValue("nextlevel") to see if it'll show what the next map would be, but it's blank. Anyone have anything?

WNxEuphonic

• Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.WNxEuphonic has an aura about them.
    • My science journalism
Re: How Do I Get The Name Of The Current Map In Python?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:16:04 AM »

You can get the maximum and minimum player count for the map. I don't recall a way to get the map name itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up