GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:40:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I disable flag and flag carrier marker in "LIVING DAYLIGHTS" MODE?  (Read 4513 times)

SICKSIX6

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SICKSIX6 has no influence.

Any help on this? My friends and I lived and died by "LIVING DAYLIGHTS" AKA FLAG TAG back on N64 and the one thing we are disappointed in with this mod is the inability to disable where the flag or the carrier of the flag are in the map. Is there a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are planning a LAN game for this Saturday and this mode is our main focus. Thanks.

SICK

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: How do I disable flag and flag carrier marker in "LIVING DAYLIGHTS" MODE?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:30:11 am »

I'll think about adding a server convar to disable HUD objectives, but for now the only way to do so from the server is kind of involved.  If you're up for it, go into the gameplay file gesource/python/ges/gameplay/livingdaylights.py and remove any line that calls these functions:

AddRadarContact
SetupObjective
DropRadarContact
ClearObjective

Be sure to keep the syntax correct. I notice that removing line 667 will also require removing the else statement on the line before it, but otherwise it should be a pretty simple procedure.  Let me know if you have any problems.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

SICKSIX6

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 12:46:48 pm »

How do I find and access that file to delete the code? I'm not very computer savvy so you'll kind of have to hold my hand through this, sorry.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

Not a problem, this isn't too tough but to save you some time I just ran through and fixed up the gamemode myself.

Just replace the file here:

[your sourcemod directory]/gesource/python/ges/gameplay/livingdaylights.py

with this one:

http://team.gesHL2.com/ES/LivingDaylights_NoObjectives.zip

your sourcemod directory should either be located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\

or

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\

depending on your operating system.

I didn't test that gameplay file but it's a pretty straightforward procedure so I think it should be fine.  Let me know if there are any problems, and have fun!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

SICKSIX6

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:05 pm »

I'll give it a shot next time we play, thanks for the extra work and I'm sorry to put you through that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up