GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:57:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Reports Thread  (Read 6234 times)

manwiththeplan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • manwiththeplan has no influence.
Bug Reports Thread
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:52:54 am »

hi! I just got this game recently and found some bugs that I think need to be fixed.

there is a black line around this broken part of the wall. I don't know why its there

when I throw my last remote mine it still shows that I have one in my hand then switches off of it. He shouldnt be able to pull out another one if there are 0

the same thing happens with the throwing knifes (he pulls one out when there are 0 left)

the tank is on the runaway level but I can't get into it. I'm pretty sure you could in the original game . Doesnt make sense

I can not get past this door on dam. You could get there in the original level from the nintendo 64, but can't here?

overall those are the bugs I have found. They should be fixed and then the game will be much better. Thanks!!

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Bug Reports Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:13:47 am »

The closed off section of Dam, and the Tank being usuable are not bugs, but personal choices... This is multiplayer, not single player. Having the back area of Dam would make the map too large I feel, however, a Dam Backzone or Dam Classic map may very well come along at some point. as for the mines and knifes issue, that does sound like a bug, but havent noticed that myself. You might need a re-install.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »

A reinstall won't fix those, it's just how they're made.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:02:14 pm »

A reinstall won't fix those, it's just how they're made.

Of course, I didn't fully understand his post... Yeah, none of these are bugs.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:15 am »

I haven't noticed the mines and throwing knives issues.  I would agree with you on that.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 03:30:22 am »

1) That might be pixels from the bottom of the broken brick texture bleeding over to the top of the polygon. Adrian, you could possibly fix that by either putting a row of clear pixels at the bottom of the texture or making the texture 'clamp' instead of wrap in the .vtf settings. It's hardly worth the time to fix something so minor though.

4) Like markpeterjameslegg said, it's a game design choice not to let you drive the tank. First, it would be hard to code. Second, the map wasn't designed for it. Third, it would totally mess up the dynamics of every game mode. If the tank weren't there though, people would complain about that, too. So I put the tank there as a detail.

5) Since our resources are rather limited, we decided to leave out the dam as a playable area in Dam. Torn focused on taking the other part of the map and adapting it for multiplayer. So being unable to get past the gate is not a bug. If you were able to get past the gate, that would be a bug.

illwieckz

• Agent
  • illwieckz is looked down upon.
    • gg.illwieckz.net
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »

It's not a bug, but adventurous people can get there:

By the way, the dam is just a projected reduced model, so we can't go even if we pass that door.

However, what is missing are the towers on the dam, and the small “island” ;-)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:12:10 am by illwieckz »

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »

The dam was modeled after the version you see in the film, which was the Contra/Verzasca Dam in Switzerland, hence the reason there are no towers.

Your image links appear to be broken, except for the first one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:47:41 pm by Torn »
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

illwieckz

• Agent
  • illwieckz is looked down upon.
    • gg.illwieckz.net
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 02:05:14 am »

Oh nice!

So we just need a ge_dam_classic map to get the towers  ;D