GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:05:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG]Having issue closing the game  (Read 4379 times)

Severs

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Severs has no influence.
[BUG]Having issue closing the game
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:20:29 pm »

So I've noticed, as well as a couple of my friends, that sometimes when we attempt to close the game down, it does not fully close. Steam will continue to say we are playing, and if I open up the task manager the hl2.exe is still hanging around in the background. Obviously it isn't that big of a deal because once you end task from the task manager it does go away, but it is kind of annoying to close it down and then when I want to play again clicking on the game in steam and it going "app already running."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:17:43 pm by Severs »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG]Having issue closing the game
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »

The is an engine bug that we cannot fix.  Sometimes the client will crash when closing and the hl2.exe will also close.  But this is a known issue that won't be going away.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:00 pm »

To save you pressing CTRL+ALT & DEL and manually closing the process, you can create a batch file using Notepad on the desktop with the following line:-

taskkill /F /IM hl2.exe

Save the text file with the ".bat" extension.

If you want to change the icon, just place the bat file in your gesource folder, create a shortcut and drag it to the desktop. Now right click, select properties and under "shortcut" tab click on "Change Icon", select your "gesource/resources" folder and double click the GES icon, then apply followed by OK.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »

Nice workaround!

Severs

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Severs has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 06:40:50 pm »

This will prove to be useful, thanks for the workaround.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »

Your all very welcome. Been using this method for some time now  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up