GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:58:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressions thus far  (Read 3756 times)

MBT808

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MBT808 has no influence.
Impressions thus far
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:22:56 am »

So far just played against bots(played 4.2.4, so I'm familiar) and I'm very impressed with what has been done. Overall not that many complains. The graphics are impressive and the new weapon models are damn nice. I have yet to fully test it and play all the maps, so this isn't entirely in depth. I may just add more as I go along to provide feedback and help improve GE source.

changes:

-Something I noticed, but not sure if its an issue, but the KF7 seems to fire in bursts instead of single shot when not zoomed in.

-Phantom spread seems a little on the high side, maybe could have a small adjustment there, nothing crazy.

-Random weapon set seems to favour certain sets a bit more than others, Automatics seem to come up more often than anything else.

-Could Bonds shoulder not dislocate in the opening cutscene?

suggestions:

-More updated weapon models please, look forward to seeing all weapons in such glorious good quality.

-(question)I noticed some weapons had improved gun sounds, I was wondering if all weapons are going to get improved gun sounds as updates continue.

-I think a Remix for the original Goldeneye movie theme would be awesome(I haven't heard it in game, maybe I missed it).

-SDK for map mapping specifically for Goldeneye source in the future?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Impressions thus far
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:05 am »

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Just to answer some of your questions and feedback:

-Something I noticed, but not sure if its an issue, but the KF7 seems to fire in bursts instead of single shot when not zoomed in.

It always has burst fired as in the original game, as far as I know.

-Random weapon set seems to favour certain sets a bit more than others, Automatics seem to come up more often than anything else.

Random weapon set selection is weighted and what sets can actually be picked depends on the game mode. Additionally sets are classified by the types and power level of weapons in them and this affects subsequent weapon set picks to maintain variety.

We ship the mod with a weighted and curated gameplay rotation that aims to be foolproof so that if people just put up unconfigured servers they provide a good all round experience. This can all be overridden and altered using commands and/or modifying script files.

E-S can probably elaborate.

-Could Bonds shoulder not dislocate in the opening cutscene?

I'd like that but the cutscene was made around 2009-2010 and the person who made it isn't active anymore, we don't play it at the start of the mod anymore as it's a relic of the past and doesn't represent our present quality of work. We just didn't reach a consensus over cutting it from the mod completely. We've never actually had a dedicated character animator on the team so far as you may be able to tell. All of our character animations are basically hacked together and don't hold up under scrutiny.

-More updated weapon models please, look forward to seeing all weapons in such glorious good quality.

it's really only the Moonraker and AR33 that didn't get replaced in 5.0. Every other one from past releases did.

-(question)I noticed some weapons had improved gun sounds, I was wondering if all weapons are going to get improved gun sounds as updates continue.

Yes, I'll be continuing to work up the weapon SFX. 5.0 took care of all of the worst offenders and set the bar for the rest of the effects to follow.

-SDK for map mapping specifically for Goldeneye source in the future?

Already can be done with the right config set up for Hammer. Our documentation is lagging behind right now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:17:35 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up