GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:18:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grenade is not great, would be better left out of Arsenal mode  (Read 4699 times)

PsychoJudge

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PsychoJudge has no influence.

First of all, love this game! Your team has done an incredible job, way too much fun.

The grenade is pretty useless. I've seen others say it in game too, it especially stands out when you're forced to use the grenade in Arsenal mode for example. I chuck countless grenades everywhere, even seemingly a couple feet away from somebody in a small hallway, never gets the kill. I've tried baking it by holding it for five seconds first etc, it's just not very useful.

And other than that, it's just not as fun as trying to shoot at other players with guns. And at least the throwing knife I can work with.

So even if you buff the grenade at some point, please consider taking it out of the rotation in Arsenal and Gun Trade modes, so you never have to rely on the grenade. Thanks again, and loving this mod.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:19:34 pm by PsychoJudge »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Grenade is not great, would be better left out of Arsenal mode
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:46:11 pm »

Are you aware that you can hold the grenade and throw it to time the explosion?  Once you get the timing down, they're actually pretty fun to use.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

PsychoJudge

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 12:06:28 am »

Are you aware that you can hold the grenade and throw it to time the explosion?  Once you get the timing down, they're actually pretty fun to use.

Yep, I mentioned that (I called it baking though not sure if that's proper terminology). Just find the grenades hilariously useless myself, and would prefer to not have to use them. The grenades have an effective radius of about three feet it seems.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:13:25 am »

I don't like grenades either, but I think they're fine as they are. Usually if I get them in Arsenal I'll just go for slapper kills.

PsychoJudge

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 12:15:34 am »

I don't like grenades either, but I think they're fine as they are. Usually if I get them in Arsenal I'll just go for slapper kills.

My kung-fu isn't strong enough, so I just play deathmatch and You Only Live Twice etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up