GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 05:54:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Space To Extract  (Read 3995 times)

hover_boy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • hover_boy is working their way up.hover_boy is working their way up.hover_boy is working their way up.
No Space To Extract
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:53:12 am »

I have downloaded the executable file for Goldeneye Source but it says there is not enough room for extraction. I have a solid state C drive with 1.3GB free, but a spinning D drive with tons of space free. I would like to extract Goldeneye in my D drive but it won't give me the option. I have tried extracting it but no good. Is there any way I can work around this low C drive space issue?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: No Space To Extract
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »

The server will work as client.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/ges-v50-server-installer-exe

Depending how you have your Steam installed you might still have issues. you need 4.7GB free just to fit it.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 05:58:54 am »

I'd recomend installing steam on a drive with more available space.
While Steam can install its own store games to other drives as well these days, this cannot be done with mods by default, since they will always look for the steamapps/sourcemods/ folder to install to.

If you cannot have at least 5GB of free space on your C drive, you won't be able to use the installer as intended by us.

A possible workarround would be extracting the server installer Enzo linked and hardlink that folder to your sourcemods folder.
If you're not familiar with the command line stuff, there are also tools like hardlink shell extension that allow you to create hardlinks through right click context menue.

TuxMcGux

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TuxMcGux has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 06:42:25 pm »

I had the same issue. Minor inconvenience really.

It would be cool if the installer allows you to choose the install dir. Easy solution would be to release a tar for us multi drive dudes.
Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor... except crime!

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 06:59:47 pm »

You can already just download the server archive.

The ability to choose what drive you install to is not a feature I intend to support.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 10:04:40 pm »

I remember one of the old installers I made searched for your steam directory and installed there.

But looks like server install is best option today, just needs some documentation.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 10:56:39 pm »

The game goes to your sourcemods directory. However, the initial extraction for the installer always goes to a randomly named directory under %TEMP%.

hover_boy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • hover_boy is working their way up.hover_boy is working their way up.hover_boy is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 12:47:10 am »

Hey guys,

Turns out I had the preload version of the game, not the full release as of yet. This was caused by me downloading it a few hours early on the 12th (13th for me here in Australia) so the file would not unzip properly. I  just assumed it was a spacing issue. Thanks guys!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 03:03:22 am »

The game goes to your sourcemods directory. However, the initial extraction for the installer always goes to a randomly named directory under %TEMP%.

In that case, one can temporarily change the location of %TEMP% in the environment variables editor to the desired extract directory. Needs to be documented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up